What's new

Retail prices for B&W's? (1 Viewer)

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know the list prices for the following speakers?

B&W 601, 602 and cc6

There's a fella who's selling these in the paper and I'm thinking it might be a pretty good deal. Although I had originally wanted to get speakers along the line of the Polk Lsi and Paradigm Reference, if I can get this package for around $500, I think I might do it. I still have a receiver, DVD and SACD player to buy, so the savings now would sure come in handy.

Also, reading some posts, the LCR6 seems to be the preferred speaker over the CC6. How much is the LCR6, also? And do you think it'd be easy to sell off the CC6 in time if I wasn't really happy with it?

If it makes any difference, I think these were purchased in '98, so I'm guessing they are series 2 speakers.

Thanks!
Aaron

GarySI

Stunt Coordinator
If you can get them for 500 bucks, jump on it. I have the same set up, I love them. I'm also using a DIY Titanic 12 sub. I listen to music 80% so the Titanic in a sealed box gives a tighter and quicker transient response. The 602's were purchased new for 600 the pair. The 601's I got for 200 on ebay(They retail for 450) and the cc6 was 135 on ebay with a very minor cosmestic ding on one corner. Believe me B&W are great speakers. Next up will be the N805's next year.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I talked to the guy tonite and he'll let the whole set up go for $500, and that includes 4 stands, too. Seems like a really good deal to me.

Thanks for the info!

Aaron

Arron H

Second Unit
The S2 combo listed above used to retail as follows:

601s - $450
602s - $600
CC6 - $300-$400

Of course, S2 has been replaced by S3.

$500 seems really good and you should jump on it unless the speakers have been damaged. The LCR6 has a greater bass response but the CC6 should be fine with the 601s/602s.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Thanks everyone for confirming that this is a good deal. The guy says they are all in very good condition, so we'll see.

Can anyone with this setup, or something similar, comment on the music and home theater uses with them? I plan to get an SVS to help with the low end, but I'm hoping these will be good for both music and HT. Either way, for $500, you probably can't loose too much, if I only use them for a year or two and them upgrade.

Aaron

Arron H

Second Unit
You definately could do far worse for your $500 and I do not see how you could do any better for a full set of 600 S2 speakers with stands included. The 600 series is very balanced, you will like them for both HT & Music. I have had 603s, 601s, & LCR6 combo for about 8 months. I have been bitten my the upgrade bug and am currently looking at various offerings from the CDM & Nautilus lines. However, if you like B&W and the speakers are not damaged you cannot go wrong with the combo you are looking at. You may find that you do not even want to upgrade. The 602s are very highly regarded on this forum and have been a serious bang for the buck speaker even at full retail. I would be bangin on the guys door yesterday. :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Talk about confusing. We have "Arron H" answering questions for "Aaron H". I had to read the replies three times before I realized that Aaron was not answering his own post. :confused: :laugh:
The 602's are wonderful speakers at their price point, and a steal at the price you are paying. They will not handle really low frequencies, though, but your plan for adding an SVS sub should take care of that issue. I preferred the bigger LCR6 center with my 604 S2 mains, but the CC6 should blend fine with the smaller 602's.

Arron H

Second Unit
Actually, Arron is my middle name and believe it or not, the irregular spelling "Arron" is how it appears on my birth certificate. My first name is Mike but Mike H was taken and so, I ended up using Arron H :D

GarySI

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron, as I posted before I am very happy with these speakers. I listen to music 80% of the time and I started out with the 602's for 2-channel listening. ( I lost my M&K sat sub set up and my NAD Pre & Amp in a divorce.) I bought a Sony 985 to start. The combo was just fine after breaking in the B&W's. A few months later I found the 601's and the cc-6 in seperate auctions on e-bay. Great price. Great sound in surround. I was hooked on HT. Last was a DIY Titanic MKII sub in a sealed box. Small ( 16"cubed)but tight and fast as hell. I take the speed over the HT thud and boom anyday since my primary is music. Add a sub and believe me you won't be disappointed. Imaging is beautiful.

GarySI

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah, now I'm looking forward to an upgrade. Next the 805's, then new electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks