What's new

Resident Alien (2021) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
We learned more in this week's episode and there's a nice cliffhanger at the end. It seems that there are a lot of balls in the air being juggled and I would like more progress on some of them. Some good emotional bits.

Max had my favorite moment of the episode.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Started watching this week and are caught up on the three released. I'm struggling a bit with the two year gap since Season 2 and forgetting details about the grays / hybrids, what happened with the bounty hunter, and the alien-abducted baby of Ben and Kate.

I need to find some Season 2 episode recaps to refresh myself on what I've forgotten. :)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
More alien weirdness this episode. Brings us back to earlier experiences.

About halfway through and got this Big Black quote: "Once again I have followed your instincts and led us to victory." That sums him up sometimes. Had to write it down.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
My wife and I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but it just occurred to me that Heather is, as the Brits would say, "a fit bird".

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Harry in love with Heather is season-1-bonkers, delightfully cringey fun to watch. Asta and Darcy’s plan to break them up by “confiding” with Heather how bad a partner Harry would be backfired as we knew it would — though I expected that to play out over an episode or two and not be resolved in its own scene.

But that was then undercut at the end of the episode by our favorite Gray-Human Hybrid confronting Heather and telling her she must betray Heather, or the Grays will kill her family.

And the shown continues to dig into Ben’s abduction experience, adding more details to the shared childhood experience of that fateful camping trip Darcy and Liv and Ben all shared. And Kate is beginning to take seriously the idea that she had an experience, but can’t say it out loud to herself, much less anyone else yet.

AND…the grays big plot is revealed: to change Earth’s gravity to make it livable for them!!!

The only loose thread unaddressed has been Darcy returning to drinking this season. I’m waiting for her to start spiraling again back into addiction / self destruction, but that‘s all been background.

Wes Candela

Visual Storytelling Enthusiast
Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
And I can't picture him as a serious detective in The Closer anymore.
Omg. it's the perfect role for him. Hysterical along with his deputy. Comedy gold. The whole reason I watch the show.

Corey Reynolds and Elizabeth Bowen

I laugh out loud every time they're on screen together and I question everybody I show it to that doesn't laugh out loud with me.

Wes Candela

Visual Storytelling Enthusiast
Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
Omg. it's the perfect role for him. Hysterical along with his deputy. Comedy gold. The whole reason I watch the show.

Corey Reynolds and Elizabeth Bowen

I laugh out loud every time they're on screen together and I question everybody I show it to that doesn't laugh out loud with me.

@NeilO I could just keep posting clips that crack me up oh my God

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode was a huge one, because Harry showed genuine empathy for the first time. In a just world, Alan Tudyk would win an Emmy for this role because what he's doing is extremely difficult to pull off. It was tough enough when Harry was entirely alien. But navigating his evolution as he develops more and more human qualities is an even trickier balancing act.

Glad to see that Sahar's absence was short-lived. Appreciated the parallels between her situation and Harry's; they both enjoy being big fish in a small pond.

The bedside chat between D'Arcy and her father was a pleasant surprise, and another breakthrough moment.

Loved the contrast between Asta and her unfeeling biological mother earlier in the episode versus Jay and Asta at the end of the episode. Whatever her trust issues because of the sketchy way Asta went about getting to know her, Jay knows that Asta loves her in a way that Asta doesn't get from her own biological mother.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, indeed that was a huge episode on many fronts.

The next episode is the season finale. I wish I didn't watch the preview it seemed to give too much away. I am very much looking forward to seeing it when I get back from vacation. I hope the DVR doesn't have any problems.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Resident Alien is such a dumb silly show where I get to see the entire cast pummel Alan Tudyk in what must have been an on-stage riotously funny event to stage and film and then it hits with the Mrs Mayor Snowflake hypnosis scene and I’m not crying you’re crying!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks