What's new

Resident Alien (2021) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Nice surprise cameo in the beginning of tonight's episode of Mike Richardson, publisher of Dark Horse, which published Resident Alien. Looking at the end credits, all of the people in the "documentary" played themselves.

They really need to loop in the deputy and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens early in the next season.

Next season is going to be a wild one. I have a lot more thoughts, but those are for another day.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I saw Robert Duncan McNeil this past weekend at a convention. He said that Season 3 has all been filmed, but they cannot do some of the editing and post-production work until the strike is over. The current plan is for October, but we have to wait and see.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Good first episode of the season. Those who like the crazy things that Big Black says will enjoy some of his scenes.

I had a question about what appears to be a casting change and
https://tvline.com/interviews/resid...lan-tudyk-sahar-leaving-explained-1235165719/ "She’s not gone for good,” creator and executive producer Chris Sheridan assures us. “Behind the scenes, there was a bit of a scheduling issue, which is heartbreaking because she’s so good ... " That is good to know. I was worried.

Looking forward to seeing how things develop over the season. They inserted a "next time" promo at least one ad break before the end. It is annoying to be skipping through commercials and then think I am seeing more show, but then possibly get spoiled by the promo.

Oh, and Harry knows all about Superman - the most famous alien to visit the Earth. :)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It was a shock to see how much Max and Sahar had grown since the previous season!

Kids! You can't get rid of them, you can't embed them in lucite...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My favorite bit in the premiere was all of the Native American characters freaking out about the owl outside Ben and Kate's window. This show does a good job of incorporating culturally specific beats like that without over-exoticizing the characters.

I had a question about what appears to be a casting change and
https://tvline.com/interviews/resid...lan-tudyk-sahar-leaving-explained-1235165719/ "She’s not gone for good,” creator and executive producer Chris Sheridan assures us. “Behind the scenes, there was a bit of a scheduling issue, which is heartbreaking because she’s so good ... " That is good to know. I was worried.
Glad to hear that her departure is temporary. Given the sudden way she was written out, I figured a real world availability issue was to blame. Especially since Gracelyn Awad Rinke isn't a series regular like Judah Prehn. I love the Max/Sahar pairing.

It was a shock to see how much Max and Sahar had grown since the previous season!
They're both a lot closer to adult height, but Sahar towered over Max last season, and he's closed some of the gap here. That's the funny thing that occurs when a show with growing children picks up almost immediately after the last season ended.

I'm enjoying Linda Hamilton as Harry's bemused new boss.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
My favorite bit in the premiere was all of the Native American characters freaking out about the owl outside Ben and Kate's window. This show does a good job of incorporating culturally specific beats like that without over-exoticizing the characters.

It was nice seeing two of the three Podemski sisters in that scene. I assume you recognized them from Reservation Dogs.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another good one. The look on Big Black's face when he realizes what he has done is priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks