What's new

Resident Alien (2021) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I love the casualness with which "Harry" murders people, and his utter lack of remorse afterward.

Also loved that his latest victim casually executed two operatives of the conspiracy the real Harry was involved in.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I love the casualness with which "Harry" murders people, and his utter lack of remorse afterward.

Also loved that his latest victim casually executed two operatives of the conspiracy the real Harry was involved in.
And also she appeared to have taken out one of the guys in the pizza joint. She definitely deserved her fate.

Speaking of the conspiracy, it is nice that the Sheriff and Deputy now know something about it. Their investigation can now go that direction.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Nice mid-season finale. Not the cliffhanger I was expecting.
The party was a lot of fun, with all of our characters crammed together in a confined space.

The guy Asta killed after he shot Harry is actually pretty convenient, since they can pin Sam Hodges's murder on him and clear Sam's widow's name.

As for the big reveal from Goliath:
It explains why "Harry" went to Earth with a species-killing device in the first place. Humanity wouldn't seem to be a threat to the species "Harry" hails from, but using Earth as a battleground for a Korea-style proxy war between "Harry's" species and the invading species makes a lot of sense.

It also pivots the premise of the series by putting the agenda of "Harry" in alignment with the needs of the human race. They took "Harry" as an antagonist to the human race about as far as they could go.

Even though this was technically the midseason finale, it's really more of a season finale. The back half of the second season didn't start shooting until last month, and is scheduled to continue through next month. So it's not like they're delaying the rest of the episodes until summer just to torture us.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The guy Asta killed after he shot Harry is actually pretty convenient, since they can pin Sam Hodges's murder on him and clear Sam's widow's name.
The guy is probably on the list that the Sherriff found. That can wrap that up nicely, especially since he actually is ultimately responsible for Sam Hodges' murder.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Nice!

There’s so much to watch with the pandemic production backlog clearing out and all hitting this Summer, that I totally forgot about Resident Alien. Will be happy to have it back.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"There are so many alien races. There are tall whites, Arcturians. There are blue aliens, which are very beautiful if you are attracted to bird faces. Which, of course, I am."

If there were any justice, Alan Tudyk would get an Emmy for his performance in this show. It was hard enough at the beginning, when he had to be completely alien. But now his task is even harder, knowing when and how to sprinkle little bits of humanity into his performance.

The more human "Harry" gets, the more interesting the show gets for me. And the episode-ending reveal with Goliath was a doozy.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I loved the small town love moments in this episode.

And yes, the Goliath reveal was, as Adam said, a doozy.
And the apocalyptic (possible?) future. I'm guessing that what Harry needs to do to avoid that is rescue Baby from the General.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And yes, the Goliath reveal was, as Adam said, a doozy.
And the apocalyptic (possible?) future. I'm guessing that what Harry needs to do to avoid that is rescue Baby from the General.
My understanding is that:
The flash forwards to the future we saw during this episode were from the original timeline, and the entire show up until this point has been the altered timeline caused by "Harry" going back in time and adopting the Goliath identity.

The fact that Goliath was able to deliver the first half of his message through the baby means that this iteration of "Harry" knows about the evil invading aliens well before "Harry" in the original timeline did.

I’m Team Mayor on the ski lodge :) but I appreciate the storytelling and the halcyon depiction of small town life.
It was kind of effed up for the ladies to take advantage of the mayor's wife's need for female friendship to get her to side with them instead of her own husband, I thought.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It was kind of effed up for the ladies to take advantage of the mayor's wife's need for female friendship to get her to side with them instead of her own husband, I thought.
Yes, very much so. This is the kind of thing that damages a marriage and/or destroys friendship. Resident Alien has generally been honest about how relationships work and explores them pretty well, so I’m curious how this dynamic is handled.

That said, the recent dynamic with Deputy Sad Face and Sheriff Hat and Agent Medium Brown started off with Mike being his asshole self demeaning Liv to the FBI agent to impresss her, and then abruptly completely dropped that and Liv was the Agent’s best Wing-Woman trying to help hook her up with Mike. It felt like an episode got skipped in transitioning through their group dynamic.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Had a post with more comprehensive thoughts disappear on me. So I'll just say that I perked up when I saw George Takei's name in the credits. And his guest appearance did not disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks