What's new

Reservoir Dogs 15th Anniversary Edition from Lionsgate on 10/24 (1 Viewer)

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I'm sold 99.9%, but does anyone else think the skin tones in that last screenshot (Penn, Keitel and Buscemi in the car) look way too red in the new release?

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Bought this yesterday and sold my SE for $9. With $5 Reward Zone certificate, I paid $1. Sweet packaging. I look forward to the improved audio and PQ.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Got it yesterday. It's nice, though I wish Lionsgate hadn't front-loaded each disc of the set with a gazillion crappy (and non-anamorphic!) trailers. The only extra I notice missing is the poster gallery, which is too bad. But in the tributes section, it's glaring that Christopher Penn is missing! I could understand if he died two weeks ago, but it was the beginning of the year! Weak. But a good buy otherwise.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Heh. The new R1 now seems to resemble the original R2 edition, with deeper blacks, better contrast and stronger colours. Congrats, guys; it's finally the way it's always looked. ;) I'll keep the R2 for the superb transfer and the 10th anni R1 for the extras.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I picked this up at Target the other day for $13.78. The transfer is a significant improvement over the 10th Anniversary R1 release and the packaging is *awesome*. Well worth the price IMO, especially after I sell off the 10th Ann. Mr. Brown copy I have. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
were is the opening on this .

havent taken the sshrink from mine yet.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
The extras on this thing are very lame. A tipping guide? That has to get the award for "Most Useless Feature".

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
has anyone seen this on sale in Canada? I've been to Future Shop and HMV, and neither know anything about it.

David

larryKR

Stunt Coordinator
Future Shop told me Reservoir Dogs 15th anniversary would be released in Canada on Jan. 2nd 2007. You should purchase online if you don't want to wait.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Any updated feedback on this dvd? Does it still hold up as a better alternative vs the 10th addition?

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink

The picture quality is vastly improved and the missing dialogue has been restored. I think a couple of the 10th Anniversary Edition's supplements have been dropped, but for the presentation of the film itself, the 15th Anniversary Edition is indeed a marked improvement.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Fair enough, perhaps I will pick it up. Not sure if I will drop my "Mr Blonde" copy of the 10th anniversary edition though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks