What's new

** CONTEST ** GIVEAWAY ** E.T. 4K UHD 40th Anniversary Edition (1 Viewer)

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Dom4K_ET_OCard_2D.jpg

Universal City, California, August 23, 2022 – Journey back to the magic and adventure of E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL, the beloved masterpiece from Academy Award®-winning director Steven Spielberg, with this all-new release celebrating the 40th anniversary of the film, available to own on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM, and Digital October 18th, 2022 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. There has never been a better time to relive this cinematic classic and four-time Academy Award® winner including Best Music by legendary composer John Williams. The anniversary release showcases over 45 minutes of all-new bonus features including a retrospective of the film and its lasting legacy and a featurette with Steven Spielberg reflecting on his career and the making of E.T. 40 years later. This release also includes all the original bonus features including deleted scenes, cast and filmmaker reunion, a discussion with John Williams about the iconic music from the film, and more. This E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL release is the definitive way to experience the heartwarming movie that is sure to thrill viewers of all ages again with its timeless message of trust, courage, and the overwhelming power of friendship.

Captivating audiences of all ages, this timeless story follows the unforgettable journey of a lost alien and the 10-year-old boy he befriends. Join Elliot (Henry Thomas), Gertie (Drew Barrymore) and Michael (Robert MacNaughton) as they come together to help E.T. find his way back home, E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL is "one of the great American films" (Leonard Maltin) that forever belongs in the hearts and minds of audiences everywhere.

Our friends at Universal Studios Home Entertainment have sponsored a contest for members of the Home Theater Forum, and will be giving away one free copy of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on 4K UHD to one lucky member. In order to enter, simply post in this thread. Open only to U.S. residents. (Sorry, Canada!) You may still post in this thread if you are not a U.S. resident, but only U.S. residents qualify to win the prize. Winner will be selected randomly.

We were originally going to have people post the catch-phrase that was made famous by E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. This film was certainly not the first one to have a memorable line, and the Home Theater Forum is full of members who know and love movies.

Let's make this interesting. Below is a selection of famous lines from famous films. Only one of the lines below is the correct one uttered by E.T.

"E.T. phone Home Theater Forum."
"I'll be back!"
"I'd buy that for a dollar."
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!"
"You played it for her. You can play it for me."
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
"I've got a bad feeling about this."

For this contest, simply post a famous line from a film in this thread. The line may have been said by E.T., or it may be a line from another film that E.T. should have said. If you think E.T. turned to Elliot and said "Yippee-kay-yay, m___f___", then put that. If you think E.T. said "I think we are going to need some more FBI guys", then put that.

If you prefer, post your favorite memory about seeing E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. The winner will be selected randomly and you are not disqualified if your movie dialogue is not really from E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. Let's have fun, and good luck!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
It's a great and memorable story, I have the Blu-ray but t 4K would be an nice addition to my ever expanding collection....thanks for the heads up!!....I couldn't Phone Home, ET "We're going to need a bigger Saucer"!!!
I Hope Please GIF

Last edited:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Miracle Max: You got any money?

E.T.: Sixty-five.

Miracle Max: I've never worked for so little. Except once, and that was a very noble cause.

E.T.: This is noble, sir. His wife is... crippled. His children are on the brink of starvation.

Miracle Max: Are you a rotten liar!

E.T.: I need him to help avenge my father, murdered these twenty years.

Miracle Max: Your first story was better.

YanMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yannick
I have a vague memory of seeing this in the theater when I was very young, and I'm pretty sure I have not seen it since. Would not mind finally revisiting this on 4k UHD.

E.T. - "This IS Ceti Alpha Five!"

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
E.T. - "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

Shakeia Rieux

Auditioning
Real Name
Shakeia
My favorite memory is when my sister and I were kids we were super excited to see it on tv, and after watching it it became our favorite ! They day we seen it we make it a point to watch it on that day every year, but this time we have my nieces to share it with.

Luna Moth

Auditioning
Real Name
Howard Bilecky
"I'll be right here". Thanks for the shot at this classic. I have so many memories watching this with my family. Whenever we saw it was on my dad and I would stop and watch it for that ending.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As far as dialogue, I can't really think of anything E.T. should have said because I think the film is pretty much perfect as-is. So I don't know that I would change anything.

"E.T. phone home" is obviously the most well-known line, but I really love "I'll be right here" and how emotional the ending is between E.T. and Elliot. Even though they've only known each other for a short time, it is really heartbreaking to see them part.

My memory of seeing E.T. in the theater is actually the generally reviled 20th Anniversary version. I hadn't seen it before and was just glad to be able to see it for the first time in the theater. I don't remember objecting much to the changes, but of course I didn't really know what to look for because I had no familiarity with the film in advance. I'd love to see the original version in a theater, but my local theater of choice didn't get the recent re-release.

Robert Saccone

Premium
My favorite memory of E.T. was taking my own kids to see it on the 20th anniversary revival. They were both very young at the time and I was thrilled for them to experience E.T. on the big screen. The loved it and we watched it repeatedly at home for quite some time.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Famous line from that movie (didn't see this film until 2010)...ET...Phone Home.

Gavo

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Gavin
View attachment 156778

Universal City, California, August 23, 2022 – Journey back to the magic and adventure of E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL, the beloved masterpiece from Academy Award®-winning director Steven Spielberg, with this all-new release celebrating the 40th anniversary of the film, available to own on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM, and Digital October 18th, 2022 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. There has never been a better time to relive this cinematic classic and four-time Academy Award® winner including Best Music by legendary composer John Williams. The anniversary release showcases over 45 minutes of all-new bonus features including a retrospective of the film and its lasting legacy and a featurette with Steven Spielberg reflecting on his career and the making of E.T. 40 years later. This release also includes all the original bonus features including deleted scenes, cast and filmmaker reunion, a discussion with John Williams about the iconic music from the film, and more. This E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL release is the definitive way to experience the heartwarming movie that is sure to thrill viewers of all ages again with its timeless message of trust, courage, and the overwhelming power of friendship.

Captivating audiences of all ages, this timeless story follows the unforgettable journey of a lost alien and the 10-year-old boy he befriends. Join Elliot (Henry Thomas), Gertie (Drew Barrymore) and Michael (Robert MacNaughton) as they come together to help E.T. find his way back home, E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL is "one of the great American films" (Leonard Maltin) that forever belongs in the hearts and minds of audiences everywhere.

Our friends at Universal Studios Home Entertainment have sponsored a contest for members of the Home Theater Forum, and will be giving away one free copy of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on 4K UHD to one lucky member. In order to enter, simply post in this thread. Open only to U.S. residents. (Sorry, Canada!) You may still post in this thread if you are not a U.S. resident, but only U.S. residents qualify to win the prize. Winner will be selected randomly.

We were originally going to have people post the catch-phrase that was made famous by E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. This film was certainly not the first one to have a memorable line, and the Home Theater Forum is full of members who know and love movies.

Let's make this interesting. Below is a selection of famous lines from famous films. Only one of the lines below is the correct one uttered by E.T.

"E.T. phone Home Theater Forum."
"I'll be back!"
"I'd buy that for a dollar."
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!"
"You played it for her. You can play it for me."
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
"I've got a bad feeling about this."

For this contest, simply post a famous line from a film in this thread. The line may have been said by E.T., or it may be a line from another film that E.T. should have said. If you think E.T. turned to Elliot and said "Yippee-kay-yay, m___f___", then put that. If you think E.T. said "I think we are going to need some more FBI guys", then put that.

If you prefer, post your favorite memory about seeing E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. The winner will be selected randomly and you are not disqualified if your movie dialogue is not really from E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. Let's have fun, and good luck!
"Penis breath."

Jeff_L

Agent
A line from one of the worst movies ever transplanted into one of the best movies ever:
As E.T. is dying on the the operating table and Eliot jumps up and starts tearing off his EKG sensors and whatnot:
”You’re tearing me apart Lisa!”

technohobby

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
ET’s first impulse upon meeting the family of Eliott:”Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty primate relatives of the apes.”
He decided against being so contemptuous and the rest is history. He became the lovable alien.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks