What's new

Pre-Order Scream 25th Anniversary (1996) (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Do You Like Scary Movies?

Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Iconic Thriller,
Newly Remastered on 4K Ultra HD & Blu-ray™

293204_front.jpg

Subversive Fan-Favorite Arrives October 19, 2021
with an All-New Look at the Film’s Impact and Legacy

In celebration of its 25th anniversary and just in time for Halloween, SCREAM will be released for the first time on 4K Ultra HD and in a newly remastered Blu-ray on October 19, 2021 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

25 years after its theatrical debut, SCREAM remains a wildly entertaining and terrifically terrifying cinematic experience. Directed by Wes Craven and written by Kevin Williamson, the film is a brilliant deconstruction of the horror genre that pays homage to the conventions of slasher films while upending them with clever twists and witty dialogue.

The new SCREAM 4K Ultra HD, Limited-Edition 4K Ultra HD SteelBook, and Blu-ray include a brand-new look back at the film and director Wes Craven, featuring archival behind-the-scenes footage and new interviews with stars Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, and David Arquette, as well as screenwriter Kevin Williamson and the directors and other cast members from the new installment in the franchise scheduled to premiere in theaters in 2022 from Paramount Pictures and Spyglass Media Group. The discs also include access to a Digital copy of the film and the legacy bonus content detailed below:

• · A Bloody Legacy: Scream 25 Years Later— NEW!
  • · Audio commentary by director Wes Craven and writer Kevin Williamson
  • · Production featurette
  • · Behind the Scenes
    • On the Scream Set
    • Drew Barrymore
  • · Q&A with Cast and Crew
    • What’s Your Favorite Scary Movie?
    • Why are People so Fascinated by Horror Films?

• Synopsis

After a series of mysterious deaths befalls their small town, an offbeat group of friends led by Sidney Prescott (Neve Campbell) becomes the target of a masked killer. As the body count rises, Sidney and her friends turn to the “rules” of horror films to help navigate the real-life terror they’re living in. The film also stars Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Skeet Ulrich, Matthew Lillard, Jamie Kennedy, Rose McGowan, and Drew Barrymore.

Fathom Events

In celebration of the 25th anniversary, Fathom Events and Paramount Pictures will bring SCREAM back to select cinemas for a special two-day event on October 10 and 11. Additional details will be announced separately.

SCREAM

Street Date: October 19, 2021

U.S. Rating: R for strong graphic horror violence and gore, and for language

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And I just bought the digital HD version for $4.99...
You might be screwed because Paramount is releasing this 4K disc and this is another Miramax title. I have seen multiple Miramax titles have more than one digital attached to it.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
I tried to preorder with the link above, but it doesn't work. Same with the BD link above.

Once it's fixed, I'll be happy to use it. :)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
You might be screwed because Paramount is releasing this 4K disc and this is another Miramax title. I have seen multiple Miramax titles have more than one digital attached to it.
It probably depends on when he bought it. Paramount has had the Miramax catalog on iTunes for a months now, haven't they?

Edit: I found a receipt for Jackie Brown from iTunes. It's from 3/29/21 and it's the Paramount version.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It probably depends on when he bought it. Paramount has had the Miramax catalog on iTunes for a months now, haven't they?
Right, I know for sure that "From Dusk till Dawn" I'm screwed because I purchased it from iTunes back in 2017. "Scream" has only been $4.99 twice on iTunes in 2021. One week back in January and then again last month. Last month, I meant to purchase it, but forgot to do so. Oh well, maybe I get another chance.:)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Right, I know for sure that "From Dusk till Dawn" I'm screwed because I purchased it from iTunes back in 2017. "Scream" has only been $4.99 twice on iTunes in 2021. One week back in January and then again last month. Last month, I meant to purchase it, but forgot to do so. Oh well, maybe I get another chance.:)
By the way, "From Dusk till Dawn" was only $4.99 twice in 2021, the same weeks as "Scream". Both movies did get discounted a couple times more in 2021, but were bundled deals with their sequels.

Also, I need to repurchase the following movies again for the same reason:

Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Volume 1
Kill Bill Volume 2

I have a feeling that all of those movies might come out on 4K. However, I might just buy the 4K discs if they're released. What's really strange is that I repurchased "Jackie Brown" this year, but failed to do so with those other titles. What a dope!;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I tried to preorder with the link above, but it doesn't work. Same with the BD link above.

Once it's fixed, I'll be happy to use it. :)

That's a current Amazon issue. Not ours. Hopefully, they will fix it on their end shortly. Thanks for ordering through us.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Newly added Steelbook has been added to original post as a preorder

Lasermanfan

Agent
Real Name
Tyson
I was hoping this would be the uncut version. Says Rated R. Glad I still have my 1997 uncut laserdisc.

Harold Chasen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Has the uncut and unrated version of Scream been released on anything since that laserdisc? I still have the laserdisc, but no way to play it!

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I remember that there was some uncut version of it, but never had any way to see it. Is there any story as to why it hasn’t ever gotten a release on something other than LaserDisc? It seems like a popular enough title to have warranted an uncut release on DVD or even Blu-ray by the time the 4th movie was coming out.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This seems like a case similar to the Friday the 13th uncut version, where the cut bits are only a few seconds worth of material. Nice to have them restored, probably, but I don't see where they would make a huge difference. Info here on the cuts from IMDb if anyone is interested:

The US LaserDisc version contains the director's cut with ca. 20 seconds of restored footage that was originally cut to avoid being slapped with the NC-17 by the MPAA. It also has commentary by director Wes Craven and writer Kevin Williamson. In the commentary, Craven notes five places where his cut differs from the theatrical release:
  • Steve's guts are shown pouring out of him as Casey looks on. In the released version, the very last few moments of this are shown.
  • Casey hanging from the tree was time compressed in the film release (it is at normal speed here).
  • When Tatum meets her death by garage door, her head is shown, very briefly being flattened.
  • After Kenny the cameraman's throat is cut, he stares at the blood on his hand after touching his neck, and then looks up at the killer.
  • Billy clearly loses control as he delivers his final cuts to Stuart.
  • After Billy and Stuart have finished stabbing each other, there is a shot of Stu's hand dripping blood into a puddle, with Sidney's father looking on.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I remember that there was some uncut version of it, but never had any way to see it. Is there any story as to why it hasn’t ever gotten a release on something other than LaserDisc? It seems like a popular enough title to have warranted an uncut release on DVD or even Blu-ray by the time the 4th movie was coming out.
The uncut version was edited on standard definition video so they'd have to go back to the film elements to make a high definition or now a 4K transfer. That was too much effort for Dimension (Craven only made the Weinstein several hundred million so why do him any favors?) and to be fair to Paramount, it's been under the radar so long that I'd be shocked if anyone there is even aware that there is an uncut version or if they have access to the footage.

This seems like a case similar to the Friday the 13th uncut version, where the cut bits are only a few seconds worth of material. Nice to have them restored, probably, but I don't see where they would make a huge difference. Info here on the cuts from IMDb if anyone is interested:

The US LaserDisc version contains the director's cut with ca. 20 seconds of restored footage that was originally cut to avoid being slapped with the NC-17 by the MPAA. It also has commentary by director Wes Craven and writer Kevin Williamson. In the commentary, Craven notes five places where his cut differs from the theatrical release:
  • Steve's guts are shown pouring out of him as Casey looks on. In the released version, the very last few moments of this are shown.
  • Casey hanging from the tree was time compressed in the film release (it is at normal speed here).
  • When Tatum meets her death by garage door, her head is shown, very briefly being flattened.
  • After Kenny the cameraman's throat is cut, he stares at the blood on his hand after touching his neck, and then looks up at the killer.
  • Billy clearly loses control as he delivers his final cuts to Stuart.
  • After Billy and Stuart have finished stabbing each other, there is a shot of Stu's hand dripping blood into a puddle, with Sidney's father looking on.
I don't know that it's something that you really notice if you haven't seen the movie uncut but once you have, a few things in the R rated version always plays a little choppy to me.
Casey hanging in the tree looks awful sped up (they removed every other frame) in the R rated version and the shot of Kenny getting killed and especially the stuff with Billy and Stu stabbing each other look like they're edited for TV in the R rated cut.

The stuff that doesn't really impact the movie for me is the shot of Tatum getting killed which just gives you a better chance to see that it's a not particularly realistic dummy. And Steve's guts coming out raises the question of how did the killer do that and not be visible in such a wide shot. That being said, if Wes Craven wanted those shots in there, I think they should be in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks