What's new

Regulating Temperature (1 Viewer)

John Spicer

Agent
My wife and I just picked up a beatiful new entertainment center to go along with the new 55" Mitsu. As such, the components have been moved into the enclosed rack space built into the center. What I dont like though is that this space is pretty well closed off to the room atmosphere. This is causing my HK 320 to run hotter than it has in the past and I dont like it. Im thinking about installing a small cooling fan into the back of the entertainment center to pull air through the enclosed rack space. Do you guys know of any suppliers for quiet cooling fans ? Maybe you have a better idea ?

-- John

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Find a PC hardware site and get some 90mm or 120mm silent case fans. They shouldn't be too expensive, but you'll need a voltage converter of some sort.

Here's what I'd do. Get 2 fans, you'll want one drawing cold air in, and the other expelling hot air. Wire them together, and put a female 1/8" plug there, so you can use a basic Radio Shack voltage adjustable adapter. (Any set of plugs would work, the 1/8" might be easier to find than most though, same size as a small headphone jack).

The fact that you can adjust the voltage on the adapter also means you can regulate the speed of the fans (although rather crudely...there are rheostats available so that you can control more accurately if you really need to).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks