What's new

Regarding the Blockbuster Threads (1 Viewer)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
There have been many Blockbuster threads, especially of late, (myself included in the barrage) and I was wondering if there was a chance to have an "official" Blockbuster thread where people would post complaints, ideas, and/or suggestions?

Of course, the idea would be singling out Blockbuster and that's probably not very cool.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of being able to free up band width, etc.

Is this just a bad idea?

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
Since most of the Blockbuster discussions seem to part and parcel of a larger theme of discussion -- the evil that is pan & scan/full frame -- why not create a whole separate Pro-OAR Forum? That way, people can discuss to their hearts' content the idiocy of Joe 6-Pack and the evil plans of Blockbuster.

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
Something needs to be done. I no longer bother reading most of the software forum since it feels like every third thread is another anti-OAR experience somewhere, be it Blockbuster or somewhere else.

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
Something needs to be done. I no longer bother reading most of the software forum since it feels like every third thread is another anti-OAR experience somewhere, be it Blockbuster or somewhere else.
I am in a similar boat. Someone remarked in one thread that BB/OAR-themed posts "only" made up 8.5% of total number of threads in the Home Theater Software forum for the last week. Given that 50-60% of the threads in that forum die after a reply or two, that means that more like 1/3 of the forum is devoted to this mindless banter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks