What's new

DVD jammed in drive. A few questions regarding this. (1 Viewer)

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
I have a Toshiba SD-6200 DVD player. This particular model has two disc tray system. It seems I have a DVD stuck or jammed in the drive tray. The player still plays the DVD but I cannot get the player to eject it.

I just purchased DVD in question used from Blockbuster. So when I got it home the first thing I did was remove the sticker Blockbuster put on it. When I did this I noticed a small amount of adhesive remaining on the DVD. With this in mind when the DVD became stuck I assumed this was the problem. I went ahead and took off the cover to see if I get it out but I have not had any luck. I’m pretty sure now that the player has some sort of locking mechanism that is some how jammed.

I have two questions.

!. I am reasonable confident in my mechanical ability. Since I already have the player apart, is there a thread or link available that would give me some insight as to how I might service this player?

2. If I am not able to fix this myself and since progressive players are selling in the $200 range, is it worth taking it to a repair shop?

Thanks everyone for your help.

likestowatch

Stunt Coordinator
just keep unscrewing and disassebling it. document the process if you feel you need to. digital pictures, tape labels... dvd players are very similar to cd players, but I'm unfamiliar with your model. have fun and good luck! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks