What's new

Reference DVD List? (1 Viewer)

Brent W

Auditioning
I was wondering if there is a "reference DVD" list on the forum somewhere like the one they're compliling at avsforum.

I was mainly interested in validating the choices/opinions. A second opinion if you will. :)

Thanks.

Brent Smith

Agent
Hi Brent,

I did a quick search and at this time there doesn't seem to be said list on any of the forums here. May I ask what you are looking for in a "reference" DVD (something to demo for friends & family in terms of image and audio quality)? I may have to look at the AVS Forums and see what they are talking about to guide you further.

Talk with you later,

Brent S.

Brent W

Auditioning
Yes, that's basiclly it: The best DVDs in those terms.

Thanks for the link, Andrew!

KyleC

Supporting Actor
That would be interesting if they updated the list. I'm curious to see what they consider reference today.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Sad, just how few titles make the ISF list.
More than half a dozen of which score only a B rating.
Does anyone know, what the two ratings are for?
Thank you.

AndrewA

Stunt Coordinator
Ed,

I agree on how small a number gets cited by ISF. I believe that the first rating is for the piture and the second for sound.

As for newer releases, if you look at ISF ads in HT magazines you'll find that they always come with a DVD/Scene number for new releases, it looks like they just don't care to update their site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks