What's new

recommend a newsreader................ (1 Viewer)

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
I've never used a newsreader before, but have found a couple of newsgrougps I would like to participate in. Can anyone recommend an easy-to-use, freeware reader?

Jin E

Second Unit
I use free agent... I have the same version I've been using for the last 5 years. There are probably several newer nicer news readers out there... but I've never found a fault with Free Agent.
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
So do I.. I have use that for quite some years now. You can download a free version from www.forteinc.com
Sort of like Agent except watered down and no filters. Kind of like Eudora vrs Eudora Light.
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Alex Shk

Stunt Coordinator
If you are using Windows - you already have Outlook Express, which is pretty good. Be aware that NO independent newsreader works if your ISP is AOL.
If you are using a MAC... I dunno?
------------------

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
KevinW,
I highly recommend the full version of Agent. I've used it since it was in beta years ago. It's well worth the shareware fee, and if you want to filter the usual trolls you find in all newsgroups, it's indispensible. It also kicks the ass of any other newsreader, especially if you frequent binary newsgroups. But by all means, try Free Agent first. Just realize that if you like it, Agent is even better.
------------------
"What is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women..."

Link Removed
Roykirk's DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks