What's new

Receiver Help Please (1 Viewer)

mikeToy

Auditioning
Real Name
michael
looking for a receiver for my home theater in the 300- 325 range and i have narrowed it down to these 4
- what do you think would be the best bang for the buck - I have Polk Audio Speakers all the way around

Receivers are as follows

Yamaha HTR S5940
Pioneer VSX 816S
Onkyo TX SR 504
Sony STDG600

Most are 75 WPC to 110 WPS Does that make a big difference

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Also Have a Samsung 61in DLP that I am hooking it up to so does the SOny with the video up Have an edge on the rest of them

Mike

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
I would also consider a Denon AVR-1706/686 as well as a Harman Kardon AVR240 (can be found here at OneCall. Both of these are decent entry level receivers with plenty of features. I'd put these either slightly above the ones you've listed w/the Onkyo possibly on par w/these two.

Another option you may want to consider is a refurbished model from several places such as uBid, eCost, direct from Harman Audio or Onkyo as well. Yet another option if you're willing would be to purchase used from some places such as the 'Hardware For Sale' section here, some of the other HT forums or even from AudiogoN. Buying used or refurbished will give you the best bang for your buck and quite often, the refurbished equipment comes with a 90 day to a full manufacturer's warranty... -TD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks