What's new

Receiver choices for around $1500. (1 Viewer)

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Well Santa was kind and has brought me a SonyES 400 disc SACD player. Problem is my Acurus ACT3 Pre/Pro doesn't have multi channel inputs. So I'm thinking what great excuse to upgrade. Wife says I got $1500 to spend (gotta love her). So let me know what is out there, that offers Multi channel input, component video switching, six or seven channels of power (doesn't have to be high power, I use monitors and the room is only 11' x 17' and sealed). I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks
Greg

PS The Acurus ACT3 is for sale for $500 including ground shipping. Also the A125X5 amp for $500.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well the room is a nice size.... I don't know if you actually want to blow all $1500 of that, but my recommendation for a flagship reciever that isn't going to break your bank is the Harman/Kardon AVR-7200. It's the flagship HK line, is 100WPC, all 7 channels, has a 2nd zone feature incase you want to do stereo listening in another room, and has a ton of decoders up the butt.

The other thing I like about HK is that for 2 channels sources, I found Logic7 to do a much better job that Dolby PLII.

Take a look at that reciever, among others such as Denon, Yamaha, and also Onkyo.

I think I heard somewhere the Yamaha 2400 was on sale or something, check some posts.

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
Look into the Outlaw combo and ICBM unit.

950B pre/pro(b-stock) & 7100 amp $1498

ICBM (integrated bass managment for SACD & DVD-A) $249

www.outlawaudio.com

The Yamaha 2400 is an excellent unit. The HK receiver Chris mentioned is also a very fine unit.

Goodluck

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
No one has mentioned Elite yet, so I'll do that right now. Elite 55TXi would be right in your range. The amps in it are very good, and has a good feature set. I'll let the receiver speak for itself, as you should put it on your demo list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks