What's new

Rebuild an existing sub (1 Viewer)

Daniel T

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Infinity BU2 sub that I have never been happy with. I was thinking about rebuilding the sub to make it a front firing sub instead of a down firing sub. What is the best way to findout the specs on the driver that is in the enclosure? Can anyone respond on the pros and cons on a down firing sub as compared to a front firing sub? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Basically there aren't any pros and cons, there really isn't a difference in sound between a downfiring and front firing sub. With the possible exception of a down firing sub that doesn't provide long enough legs.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Daniel,

This would be a futile project. If you aren’t happy with the sub now, moving the driver to a different panel in the enclosure won’t make you happy with it.

If you’re serious about this it would require replacing the current driver with a better-performing one. And perhaps getting a more powerful amp.

You didn't say why you're unhappy with the sub. Perhaps it only needs some equalization.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Daniel T

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne,

I am unhappy with the sub because I find it to be a little boomy. I have an Axiom EP125 sub that to me is more accurate. Based on your comment I probably will try and sell the sub and get some money out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks