What's new

Reboot Season 4: Audio problem? (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
I know there aren't that many Reboot fans, but I figure this is probably the best place to ask...

Has anyone noticed a problem with the audio? The voices sound a bit muffled as if all the voices dropped a few octaves from the previous season. It sounds kinda odd, but I just watched season 3 dvd last week and the voices on that dvd sound the way I remembered it on tv.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My wife and son love this show. But I don't own the disc, and am holding off because of reports about this.

We got a report from a reader who signed their name "Auger":

That's been enough to convince my wife to hold off on our purchase of this until we know what's going on. If I recall correctly, Gord is trying to look into this with the studio and see what's going on. I'll let him speak for himself on that score; I've had a confusing weekend (AC went out, a friend got laid off from his job, I was at a baby shower last night, and today is Mother's Day!) so I confess I don't recall what Gord's plans are about this.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yup, Dave is right. I emailed someone at Anchor Bay on Thursday, but he was out of the office until Monday.

Gord

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
Hey James.
I had the dvd but didn't see any of it till I read your post.The audio on the voices is just as you said.Man I hope they fix this problem and let us get a fixed copie when they do.

James T

Screenwriter
Has there been any updates on this?

I e-mailed Anchor Bay, but it's been about 2 1/2 weeks without hearing anything from them.

Jon_p_s

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the first couple seasons will be released and who owns the rights to them?

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator

same here. I e-mailed the support and e-mailed a special form to fill out for a replacement. Its annoying when you dont here a response from these companies. Its also a shame that I bought this DVD weeks ago and still have not been able to watch it ( Im not ruining my experience with these horrible voices)

As for season 1-2 well... I heard somewhere universal owned the rights for those but im not too sure. As for season 3,, Well I always wanted to buy it but cant find it for any less then $130CDN and that is something im not willing to pay. Im just hoping they will re-release it in a boxed, season set

James T

Screenwriter
This is from a link to another thread that David Lambert posted.

It's always nice to see companies respond to select individuals while leaving others wandering blind. But the good news is that they will be getting a new batch(or should have gotten a new batch), so we can wait and see if they at least mail a replacement disc even if they chose not to respond to my e-mail.

James T

Screenwriter
This is from a link to another thread that David Lambert posted.

It's always nice to see companies respond to select individuals while leaving others wandering blind. But the good news is that they will be getting a new batch(or should have gotten a new batch), so we can wait and see if they at least mail a replacement disc even if they chose not to respond to my e-mail.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Did I post that? Or did another HTF member post that in a thread I was involved in starting or something?

I never actually found the ReBoot S4 disc, so I've never had the opportunity to buy it, and now I'm waiting to know that fixed versions are in-stores and identifiable.

Someone else must have actually said what you quoted.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Did I post that? Or did another HTF member post that in a thread I was involved in starting or something?

I never actually found the ReBoot S4 disc, so I've never had the opportunity to buy it, and now I'm waiting to know that fixed versions are in-stores and identifiable.

Someone else must have actually said what you quoted.

James T

Screenwriter
Sorry for not being clear, David. I meant that you posted a link(given to you by someone else) on this forum. And I just recently viewed the link which was a forum where a member posted he had contact with Anchor Bay.

Louis, you can visit the Anchor Bay website. They'll get you to fill out a form(name, address, what movie, problem, etc).

James T

Screenwriter
Sorry for not being clear, David. I meant that you posted a link(given to you by someone else) on this forum. And I just recently viewed the link which was a forum where a member posted he had contact with Anchor Bay.

Louis, you can visit the Anchor Bay website. They'll get you to fill out a form(name, address, what movie, problem, etc).

Blodia

Auditioning
Argh I just bought mine on June 20th and it had the audio problem. I should have done my research before buying the DVD instead of after..Either way, would it matter if I lived in Canada and reported the DVD to AnchorBay?

Blodia

Auditioning
Argh I just bought mine on June 20th and it had the audio problem. I should have done my research before buying the DVD instead of after..Either way, would it matter if I lived in Canada and reported the DVD to AnchorBay?

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Blodia,

Don't feel bad. I ordered reboot on June 19th while using the latest DDD coupon before reading this thread. It arived today and it too had the audio problem. :frowning:

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Blodia,

Don't feel bad. I ordered reboot on June 19th while using the latest DDD coupon before reading this thread. It arived today and it too had the audio problem. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks