What's new

Intermittent audio drop from sound bar? (1 Viewer)

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I apologize if this is not a good place to post this...

I got a new Sony tv in December, which replaced one I got just a year prior (it got damaged).

When I got the first tv (also a Sony), I got a soundbar (again, Sony). I had no problems with the audio, but with the new tv, the sound from the soundbar intermittently drops on certain Roku apps, but not all.

I literally simply had the new tv put on the wall. The existing cables were just reattached to the new tv (all via HDMI).

I have rebooted the tv/did updates. Unplugged the cables and power... and replaced the cables... I don't get it or why say, Sling works fine, but Paramount Plus and HBO Max have issues.

I'm at a loss.

Is there something that I'm missing/haven't tried..?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Roku is pretty hit and miss with soundbars from my experience. You might have to set it for Dolby Digital instead of Auto/passthrough in the settings.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
There is probably something in the TV setup that is not configured properly -- maybe ARC or CEC.

Thanks, I went to the settings and looked for that. I wasn't sure that any change took effect based on the fact that the screen didn't indicate any change, but so far, the sound is working fine.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Roku is pretty hit and miss with soundbars from my experience. You might have to set it for Dolby Digital instead of Auto/passthrough in the settings.

The weird thing was that I didn't have a problem until I switched tvs and the problem didn't impact every app on Roku.
But it looks like I may finally resolved it the settings.

Thanks for the feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks