What's new

Reboot Season 4: Audio problem? (1 Viewer)

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
hmm. I have now sent a total of 7 e-mails from 2 differnt e-mails address and no response. Not my idea of friendly customer service. Also mid june has long passed and still no word on replacements. Looks like We all might be stuck with this garbage. If I knew about this audio problem b4 hand I would not of bought this DVD. I still have yet to watch it cause I cant go 2 mins into the DVd without getting really annoyed that I shut it off.

Blodia

Auditioning
This really sucks guys. AnchorBay hasn't responded to my emails either..and they didnt even mention anything about this on their homepage... Is there a program out there that can change the speed of the playback? Or something that can permenatly modify the vob files to change their playback speed? Thanks dudes.

*PS I hope this doenst break any forum rules

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Alright, it's a day off in Canada (Canada Day) so that means I have the whole day to call studios and ask about various things.

I called Anchor Bay and they said a new disc is being replicated for ReBoot and they'll have more information for us later next week. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that they're working on it and we should know how to exchange the current disc for the new one very soon.

Gord

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Gord, Thanks for the info! I've been trying to decide if I should go ahead and pick this up or wait.

Any idea if it will be difficult to tell the difference between the releases in stores? Or should I pick up the current version and exchange it later.

Basically I just want minimal hassle...

By the way, did we ever figure out who has the rights to the first two seasons...?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yup, Universal owns the first 2 seasons, but I don't think they know that. When they got Polygram then inherited Polygram's license.

It's interesting that a show with 4 seasons is owned by 3 different companies.

I'd suggest holding off buying it if you don't need to have it right now.

Gord

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor

Wow! That was fast! Any idea how long it will be before they are available in stores?

Gord, do you think maybe tvshowsondvd.com could let Universal know what they have? I'd love to have the entire series!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I don't know anyone in production there, so it's a bit hard to do. Hopefully that'll change one day.

Gord

Blodia

Auditioning
Gord just one question. Did you ask Anchorbay whether they would send replacement DVD's to Canadian residents? Thanks.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
We hope to have information about this later this week. I said, "Hey, do you have an information about how consumers can get the new discs?" and he said, "We're replicating them right now, but we're not sure how we're going to handle the exchange. Call me back later next week and I should have answers for you."

And that was it.

Gord

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
wow.. this would be great. Its been 2 months now and I want to watch it so bad. Hopefully he will come threw and WILL tell how I can get an exchange.

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
bump. I heard lots of people have recived replacements. does any1 know who I contact to get a replacement? It appears the form and e-mails I sent out months ago were ignored and I never got a reply. Who must I contact to get a replacement disc. Thanks.

Blodia

Auditioning
Dear Anchor Bay Customer:

We are sorry that you have purchased an Anchor Bay Entertainment DVD that is defective. We regret the inconvenience this may have caused you. I understand that most of you have been waiting for a great deal of time to receive a replacement. We appreciate your patience. Please be advised that we will begin shipping Reboot replacements the week of 7/26. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Kelly

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
To bad she didn't mention the steps to take on how to go about getting a replacement.

James T

Screenwriter
It's too bad Anchor Bay chose to reply to only a select few. I think it's bad service to visit a message board to find out their status on DVDs.

Blodia

Auditioning
I received my fixed copy the other day. So dont give up hope =) You only get the DVD though, so dont throw away the case or anything.

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
Blodia,did they ever e-mail you? I never got a reply so Ihope they didn't contact you either and just sent out the discs;)

Blodia

Auditioning
Yes they did email me, I posted the email a couple of posts up. Dont lose hope, they might still send it regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks