What's new

Rear Speakers Not Working (1 Viewer)

Patel151

Auditioning
Real Name
Amitabh Patel
Hey Everyone i am a new user here and i am having a few problems with my Home Theater Entertainment System
Well,I Have just bought a brand new Samsung Blu-Ray 3D/DVD Home Entertainment System Model HT-E5350
So, I Setup up my 4 speakers in each corner of my family room and the small speaker on the tv and The woofer beside my tv
I Have set up everything and it is working fine
i just installed youtube channel and other apps and i got a ipod, hooked it up with the blu-ray i played a song and all the speakers were working. Even The Back Speakers(Rear). All working fine. Then i put a dvd in to try if it works. The dvd was working but the Rear Speakers(Back) Were not working at all. Only the Woofer,2 Front Speakers and the small one was working.
I Know its not a biggy deal but is there any possible way to fix this? like a solution?
Thank You Very Much
-Patel

Patel151

Auditioning
Real Name
Amitabh Patel
O.o.
I Found a solution
I Am sorry for the waste of the post
But the solution for me was to Change the 3D SOUND on the remote
It was off, i changed it to high and it was all good
Hope this works for other people
:)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
First, welcome to HTF!
It is entirely possible that your DVD is not encoded for surround sound.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hi Amitabh,

The surrounds will not be used all the time with movies. Most of the sound will come from the center speaker, followed by the left and right fronts. The surrounds only get used when there is something directed to them (each movie is different - some will have lots of sound from the surrounds, some will have almost nothing).

I searched and could not find a manual for your receiver. I'm guessing that '3D' sound is some sort of matrix that sends sound to all the speakers. Ideally, you would not want that. You want plain old Dolby Digital or DTS. If you have a link to the manual please post it.

Also, here's a guide for how the speakers should be arranged for 5.1. I wouldn't suggest putting them in the corners of your room....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks