What's new

Radio Shack: HDMI Cable $34.97 (1 Viewer)

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Even better - a 3ft. Toslink for $2.48! And even better than that - a 6ft. Toslink for a dollar more. After I spotted the 3ft. on the web site, I went to the local store to pick one up and found the 6ft (which doesn't show on the site for some reason). They both come with a composite cable, but you can peel it off and chuck it if you don't need it for a VCR or something. Here's a link to the 3ft. cable. The part number for the 6ft. cable is 15-1592. If you're interested in the 6ft. cable, call your local store before you leave (and burn some of that $3.00 gas). Stock seems to be light on that one.

Incidentally, can anyone think of what someone would use this combo cable for? It has the best audio connection possible combined with one of the worst video connections. ???

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
Patrick,

Parts Express was offering that exact same cable (complete with RS markings) for a similar price about six months ago. I picked a couple up back then.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I just glanced at the Parts Express site and it looks like the special is still going. Just 20 cents more than Radio Shack - Link And their regular Toslink cables (which also look like Radio Shack) are even cheaper. I shop at PE quite a bit but somehow missed these deals.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Pactick.C - Thanks for the heads-up on the Toslink deals - those are sweet deals!

I meant to stop by a Radio Shack last week when I first saw your post, but I never got around to it. Last night I was passing by a Radio Shack and decided to stop in expecting them to be sold out. I was surprised to find several af the cables still in stock.

I picked-up two of the 3-foot cables and two of the 6-foot cables. It was easy to separate the Toslink from the composite cables - I just pulled them apart.

Anybody needing any Toslink cables should check your local Radio Shack to see if these cables are still instock:

The 3-foot cables (#15-1591) were priced at $29.99, reduced to $4.97, and then clearanced for 50% off - $2.48 each!
Link: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2103632&cp

The 6-foot cables (#15-1592) were priced at $39.99, reduced to $6.97, and then clearanced for 50% off - $3.48 each!
Link: N/A

They also had a 12-foot DVI-D cable (#15-1064) priced at $129.99, reduced to $49.99, and then clearanced for 75% off - $12.49!
Link: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

I also noticed a 12-foot DVI-I cable (#15-1063) on the Radio Shack web-site for $12.49!
Link: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeff: Are the cables marked down so you can see the price drops...or are they just regularly marked and are discounted at the register?

Sadly, my HDTV has neither DVI or HDMI inputs...AND, I use coaxial digital audio rather than toslink. But, I thought maybe I'd go browsing for good cable buys if their clearance stuff was all marked.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Mike - My local Radio Shack had the cables price marked on the packages: "Was" Price, "Now" Price, and then a Clearance Percentage Discount Tag. For example, on the 3-foot cable: Was $29.99 - Now $4.97 - 50% Off Marked Price which resulted in $2.48 at the register.

Here's some pics:

Good luck with your browsing!

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I visited two stores and one had little flourescent stickers with hand written prices and the other store had no sale markings at all.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor

I use them for LaserDisc since composite is better than S-Video on some players, using the optical for DTS/PCM.
You can also connect the composite cables to the AC-3 jack to a demodulator. so you can use both cables for LD audio.

SDI moded DVD player using the composite as the SDI video cable and optical for audio. simple:)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor

Just FYI radio shack has a Analog/Digital A/V Signal converter. It's really a compsite->s-video and analog audio to digital audio converter for what was $50, but now down to $4
It converts composite to s-video and analog audio to optical (tos-link).
RS Part 15-1242

I haven't had a chance to try it with the LD player, but that's exactly why I bought it.

I picked up a few cables of different types added in the Friends and Family discount and the 12' dual link DVI cables were around $9 each.

HDMI->HDMI 6' for $13 (no F&F discount)
HDMI->HDMI 12' for $24 (with F&F discount) Accidental purchase, didn't notice it wasn't an HDMI-DVI.

DVI->HDMI 12' for $24 (with F&F discount)
DVI->DVI (dual) 12' for $9 (with F&F discount)

I also picked up some other great cheap stuff including two of those ZipZap cars for the kids they forgot to charge me for. Or at least that's what I think as I tried to swap out a broken one and wasn't able to produce a reciept with the cars...

Patrick.C

Second Unit

That's a pretty good discount. How did you get the F&F? Do you have to be related to an employee somehow?

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I actually had a friend who worked there, but... from what I heard you could have basically walked in and asked for a coupon. Coupon was needed for every sale as they staple it to the receipt.

I'm now waiting for a home purchase to go through so I have somewhere to use all these items. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks