What's new

R2 Ed Wood, Sir? One Layer or Two? (1 Viewer)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I'm currently on holiday in the homeland, the UK. Right now there are a lot of sales in the vein of "3 for £20".

Recently I picked up a UK copy of Ed Wood. That night, while looking at the back of the box, I was surprised to see that it proclaimed SINGLE LAYER FORMAT - for a two hour film with extras.

A day or two later, I came across Ed Wood in another sale - but on the back, this copy, although looking identical to the one I picked up, now claimed DUAL LAYER FORMAT.

Keeping my eyes open, I have found that both versions are knocking around, although apart from the layer designation, the discs look identical.

I think this is the only time I have ever seen a disc quietly available in two ways like this. If I had notice earlier, I would have picked up a dual layer copy, but how many people would have even noticed this?

Strange!

Your UK Correspondent

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Mine says Single Layer as well, but I saw no issues with the image of the film...black&white may take up less space?

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
Holy cow! I never noticed!

The picture's as good as many dual layers I've seen.

Having said that, for a B&W film shot as beautifully as this, it could look better.

Is the recent R1 version off the same master, or was it re done?

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Possibly extra soundtracks could account for the second layer? It might be worth comparing the two down to the last detail if anyone has the R1 or R2 dual-layer disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks