What's new

R.E.M. to Reissue Catalog (1 Viewer)

George See

Second Unit
I really really hope those 5.1 mixs are DVD-A if not this will be mostly dissapointing. I have most of the documentarys released through out the years. Most of them are just Electronic press kits that can be had on bootleg.

cwhite

Second Unit

I still have 2 albums on IRS cassettes. Is it remastering or re-marketing? The DVD-A'a are getting hard to find. I got one(The Best Of) and I want Document on DVD-A. I'm with Rachael on this one: don't hold your breath.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
R.E.M. is remastering their catalog.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...don't wake me, I'm sleeping. Wake me up when it's 1989 again.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

DonaldB

Supporting Actor

I'm with you. Let's have Murmur, Reckoning, and Fables of the Reconstruction on hi-rez, or at least remastered redbook. We've been stuck with the same weak-sounding CDs since the 80s.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I wouldn't call all of REM's Warner output subpar. We already have the masterful Automatic for the People, and New Adventures in Hifi was pretty damn good as well.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there some versions of the IRS discs with extra tracks? Live stuff mostly, I remember. These discs worth tracking down?

Or maybe a lot of it ended up on Dead Letter Office?

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I wonder if there will be any content on the Automatic CD remaster that's not on the DVD-A/DualDisc of that title.

Donald, have you checked out the MoFis of these first two? Worth looking for copies via Amazon Marketplace IMO, esp. if you are unhappy with the original CDs.

-p

George See

Second Unit

I'm sorry to say but i'm not lucky enough for that to happen. I would just about cut off my arm to get ahold of those + chronic town on hi-res.
I'll take the warners stuff if available it doesn't "leave me cold" but i'd absolutly rather have the IRS stuff.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

The 5.1 mixes should be Hi-res as these discs were supposed to be released earlier this year on DVD-A before all this Dual-disc crap placed a lot of releases on hold. The earlier REM DVD-A were top notch, so I am expecting similar results from these.

J

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well this would explain why I can't find a copy of NAinHiFi in my local stores. True, their best output is IRS, but I lost my NAinHifi disc and have been wanting to replace it.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
J:

In the absence of straight DVD-A releases, here's hoping Warner doesn't drop the hi rez tracks due to some b.s. research showing that they 'confuse the consumer' and at least does here what they did with Seal IV (but only 6 months after the CD streeted): a "Deluxe" package that includes the CD and the DVD-A (even though they don't call the latter that).

In addition to the backpedaling from full DVD-A support (and I guess I should just stop bitching about that as it seems the format continues to slide deeper into moribund status), the problem I have with this approach is that that Deluxe package retails for about $6-$10 more than the DVD-A alone. Separate releases would enable both the peeps who want to play the remastered CD in the car and the peeps who just want to buy the DVD-A to do so.

It's like the arguable format leader can't decide what it wants to do: separate day-and-date (remastered) CD and DVD-A, DVD-A only, DualDisc or "Deluxe" combo pack. Sigh.

-p

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Good stuff. Not saying anything about people's thoughts regarding the recent albums, cause it's a waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks