What's new

Quick Speaker Question (1 Viewer)

greg_t

Screenwriter
Hello all,

I've been into home theater for some time, but don't know much about speakers. Here is my question. I've found some speakers that I like for a good price, but I won't be able to actually use them for 6 months to 1 year. I thought I might buy them, keep them in their boxes, and put them in my storage unit, which is not climate controlled. My question is whether or not the temperature changes would hurt the speakers? Thanks for any input.

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
As long as the speakers are in their original sealed boxes, you should be just fine. I would make sure that you orient the boxes so that the speakers are standing up, as they will be in use. Otherwise, over time the woofer suspension could sag significantly, because it's not designed to support the weight of the cone in that orientation long term.

Even non-climate controlled storage buildings usually stay above freezing, though I guess that depends on what part of the world you're in, doesn't it ? :) Freezing itself shouldn't hurt a speaker, as long as they are dry, but do let them warm up before putting them back into use!

Aaron Gilbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks