What's new

Questions about National Geographic Pearl Harbor DVD & Fifth Element release (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Hi gang,

Just returned from DVD shopping, and while in Best Buy I noticed a National Geographic DVD about Pearl Harbor. It was narrated by Tom Brokaw. My question is this the same DVD included in the Pearl Harbor 60th anniversary gift set just released by Buena Vista??. If so, should I pick it up & wait for the Vista Series DC in May 2002.

Second question, want to P/U The Fifth Element. Only saw original release on shelf. What I need to know is how it compares to the super bit release. And is the original release anamorphic?????

Thanks--Joe

Emery B

Agent
Yes, the original release of TFE is Anamorphic. No extras at all though, just like the Superbit which includes a slammin' DTS track. Go for the Superbit if possible, you won't be losing any extras...

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Just returned from DVD shopping, and while in Best Buy I noticed a National Geographic DVD about Pearl Harbor. It was narrated by Tom Brokaw. My question is this the same DVD included in the Pearl Harbor 60th anniversary gift set just released by Buena Vista??.

No, that is not the DVD that is included with Pearl Harbor: 60th Anniversary Commemorative Gift Set. The National Geographic DVD included with the gift set is called National Geographic's Beyond The Movie: Pearl Harbor. This disc streeted on the same day as Pearl Harbor. You could buy just this DVD and get the Vista Series later but it might be a long wait for that release. If you want a nice package for a history buff, get the gift set which includes a nice annotated map.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The original 5E has a pan & scan version in addition to the widescreen.

That probably doesn't matter to anyone, but it is a difference.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
The Superbit release also does not have the full-frame version of the film.

Which is why I own the Superbit.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks