What's new

Question(s) for Marantz SR-7200 owners (1 Viewer)

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking about upgrading my Marantz SR-7000 (a real trooper, that one) to an SR-7200. I have a couple of questions that hopefully some of y'all can help me with:
1. If you wouldn't mind, could you please tell me how much you got your SR-7200 for? I'd like to have an idea of street price on it.
2. If you also upgraded from an SR-7000 to an SR-7200 was it worth it? Why was it worth/not worth the upgrade?
Thanks!
------------------
This screen has been formatted to fit your movie.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As a 6200 owner, unless you absolutely need 6.1 or DPL2, I don't see a real reason to upgrade from a 7000. I didn't really have a need for 6.1 or DPL2, but I figured it was fine to have them, and I was upgrading from an older Sony, so...
Street price seems to be around $799, right around where the 7000 was, but I know you can find it for a little less. I got my 6200 for $599 with a street price of $699.
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)
[Edited last by John Garcia on August 31, 2001 at 11:06 AM]

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Can't answer your question regarding the comparison between the two but the cheapest on line price I've been able to find is $629 at www.sounddistributors.com. If you do a Yahoo shopping search, you should have no problems with finding one at about $650 if you're concerned with a non-affiliated emerchant.
EDIT: Whoops, a bit too fast. I'm also looking at the SR7200 and the SR6200 and still can't decide. The other units I'm looking at are the lower end Kenwood Sovereigns (RF remotes and feature rich) and the Denon 3802 (solid reputation and good feature set).
[Edited last by Bob-N on August 31, 2001 at 11:10 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks