What's new

Question on the Loewe Aconda (1 Viewer)

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I was at a local HT store and was checking out one of these magnificent displays. They really do live up to the praise lavished on them on this forum!

I have one question regarding the display, though - The model I was checking out (I believe it was a 38") had one strange trait. I demo'd 3 different DVDs with it (through a Pioneer Elite DV-47A). I noticed this with all of them - it seemed like the frame rate or resolution was slightly off kilter. While the display was -very- sharp, the material tended to look more like video than film. And on horizontal pans of the camera, the action was.. rushed, almost kind of "slippery" in appearance, it looked completely different than any other display I've seen (and very unnatural). I was trying to figure out if there was a misconfiguration on the display or the DVD player, or if that's just a trait for the TV. I -really- want one, I could hardly take my eyes off of it. For my money the Aconda looks better than any plasma display.. and the one thing that would keep me from seriously looking into purchasing one is the unnatural display of movement.. has anyone else noticed this trait?

Mike Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
The Loewe sets have a terrific 3:2 pull-down circuit. Check to see if this was active during your evaluation.
Also ensure that nearly every enhancement "feature" on the DVD player was disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks