What's new

To FILM MODE or not to FILM MODE, that is the question...specifically LOEW ACONDA... (1 Viewer)

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Howdy!

I've got a Loewe Aconda 30" and never use it in FILM MODE...Since it already does a 3:2 pulldown on any interlace image it receives, what would FILM MODE give it?

I might be missing something here...And if FILM MODE is to be used, should it be NORMAL or SUPER?

Thanks all!

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Film mode selection on a DVD player or a TV means different things to different manufacturers. For example film mode might mean use the 3-2 pulldown sensing all the time, which could cause degradation if the source was not 24 fps film.

You will just have to go by your judgment or what the instruction manual suggests, just compare how the picture looks.

Psst --- In my opinion, the need for a manual selection for film mode suggests a not so stellar quality de-interlacer; the best de-interlacers autoselect, can switch back and forth many times a minute, and actually very rarely keep the wrong choice for any prolonged length of time.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/viddoubl.htm

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure "FILM MODE" is not a pre-set for contrast, brightness, sharpeness, color and/or SVM? This is what "FILM MODE" is on my Toshiba and it is helpfull as a starting point for calibration, especially since it disables SVM.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks