What's new

Question on Samsung sirs4040 DTV guide Display (1 Viewer)

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I just bought the Samsung SIRS4040 Directv receiver with TIVO. I have a very hard time reading the guide. I have tried both formats it offers. The TIVO format is easier but still blurry on my 35" CRT display. I have it connected via S-video and it is still very hard to read the guide.

Do others here with this unit have any trouble with this? Is the Hughes Tivo any better. I need to know soon becasue I may have to return it if there is a problem.

Thanks,
Adam.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
All current models of the DirecTivo box are the SAME. They may have a different manufacturer's name and case design, but they were all made in the same Solectron factory in Mexico using the same electronics on the inside. If you are having a problem, check your cables and your TV. Have you calibrated the TV? Have you had your eyes checked recently? (not joking)

-Robert

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
I wear contact lenses, and I have had my eyes check within the last year. My wife says the guide is hard to read also. My other receivers are very clear on the guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks