What's new

Question on 3D capabilities and Uverse with Ondemand (1 Viewer)

MikeVictor

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Victor
Hello, I have a Mitzu 82738 which I was told due to the latest firmware update I would not need an IR emmiter in order to view 3d programming. (this was by mitzu help desk) He told me to set it as DLP and when I get my glasses I could go into the menu and adjust it to what worked. (side by side and such) I just got the Xpand 3DG-X103 Glasses for xmas and am trying to figure out how they work. I went online and found out that I need to turn them on and then hold down the button until it blinks which I did while tv was on 3d mode. regular tv does not work at all. So, what I did was I went into On-Demand stars 3D and luckily just requested, (not purchased) a 3D movie. The screen split top to bottom. I tried using the glasses. Nothing. I tried re-programming. nothing. I even turned the 3d function of the tv back on and ran through the various options and still nothing. Am I does something wrong? Did they lie and do I really need an IR Emmiter? I am leaning towards no because there is a DLP option which is what it is set for. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. btw, I have the updated firmware 12.08 i believe. I know it's higher than 12.05. Mike

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Does your receiver allow for 3D? Try running directly from your cable option directly to the TV to test if it's your tv or something else. That would be my first suggestion. I had a similar issue before I figured out my it was my receiver...

MikeVictor

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Victor
When you say receiver, do you mean the UVerse receiver or my AV receiver? I have the Uverse receiver hooked up directly .... duh, I just realized that the Uverse is hooked up to my AV but not on HDMI because Uverse sux at hdmi so I am using RBG.... So, I guess I need to hook up RGB to the tv directly, optical to av receiver then test it again. So basically, do I need the IR Emmiter?

MikeVictor

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Victor
Dilemas keep arising. Okay, So I hooked up the RGB directly from Uverse to the TV but now the tv is telling me the 3d section can only be accessed with an HDMI connection which I should have realized. The problem is here at my location, the boxes they use are not really great with HDMI so I was told to run RGB. I didn't just take their word. I did notice problems with the HDMI feed. Something tells me I am screwed. Any opinions on what I could do to fix this issue? I was told that boxes up north do not have HDMI problems but they are made by another company.

MikeVictor

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Victor
Update, I hope someone can respond. After all the info above, I went ahead and purchased an HDMI and ran the ATT Uverse directly to the TV. I then went to on demand and selected a 3d movie which showed up top bottom. I went into the 3d section of the tv and selected top to bottom, standard and DLP glasses which made the screen blurred just like a 3d image without glasses. So I placed on my glasses and turned them on. nothing. I tried to program them by holding the button down until the light blinked. nothing!!! Any guidance? According to Mitzu, I don't need anything else for DLP 3D. Are they wrong? Thanks in advance.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I personally have no experience with 3D at all. A google search for the manual for your glasses too me here and included a link to this page for a listing of compatible TV brands (they don't list models, which is odd, but what do I know?).

Notice next to "Mitsubishi" the second link does include the disclaimer: "with compatible emitter", so if you've done everything else by the book, and still no results, then perhaps to get those glasses to work with that TV you DO need an emitter...

Wish I could be more definitive with my help, but I can imagine how frustrated you must be getting, and I didn't want you to think we were all ignoring you. Most of us just don't like to chime in unless we're sure of what we're suggesting.

Best of luck to you.

Edit: Also, you DO need to use HDMI to benefit from 3D - but you figured that part out.

MikeVictor

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Victor
Thank you for your answer. I agree in that I must have to bite the big one but I would hate to take a bite and it be the wrong thing. lol I also appreciate the part of wanting to be right. I also am a TahoeYukon forum member and they are the same way but it's helpful because I get "steered" in the right direction. :) BTW, IMHO, Mitzu DLP although of course more bulky is awesome!!! I have an open to below living area so it's not to cluttering. I have a Yamaha R-XV765 which I bought from Crutchfield about 2 months before they came out with 3D receivers and boy was I kicking myself but I really do enjoy how well it works so I am bypassing the HDMI or at least with UVerse and when I get a PS3. The only issue I have is having to swich Input on the TV side. Before I would just run HDMI through the receiver and switch it on the remote for the receiver which was a lot more easier. I understand that there is a converter of some sort but have not looked into it. once again thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks