What's new

Question for Tom or Ron SVS (1 Viewer)

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Perhaps not an appropriate question but ill ask anyways. Being one of the very early buyers of your product, I am just curious as to whether the last year and a half of business has been what you wanted/expected? I guess what im really asking is if you are starting to have the financial success that i personally feel you guys deserve???

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Brian,

Get bent.

Just kidding. Really, in many ways HTF is as much a part of SVS as SVS is a part of HTF. So I perfectly understand the interest.

I'd have to say the success of SVS is not at all a surprise to me, Tom, or the rest in the company. Frankly we KNEW it would grow. One look at what was being offered competitively, along with the largely untapped potential of the web to get the word out told us as much.

I think we underestimated the amount of work it would take to SUSTAIN that growth (or its speed), but at the same time we're very careful not to induce growth we can't manage. Being big is OK as long as we don't lose sight of what brought that success: better performance, for less money than any other maker in the industry. And mimimize (unsubtantiated) "hype" and always back the products with responsive customer service.

Tom and I would sooner sell 2-3 subs a day as we did two years ago than water down the content of our subs, or let service suffer.

Financially things are allowing the employees to do well, though none of us are buying condos in Barbados yet. Some of us were once part-time SVS, and are now full time. That alone has been quite an accomplishment I think.

As long as we don't try to calculate the $/hr wage rate of the primary partners of SVS we'll be OK ;^)

At the rate things are going, you'll see the continued financial progress in SVS measured with increasingly potent products and an even richer array of models. Our first priority (cliche' as it sounds) is to put the success of SVS back INTO SVS. You customers have made SVS possible. Giving more back in terms of still better subwoofers is a sort of crazy symbiotic relationship that I think just might work in the long haul. It's worked for two years so maybe we're onto something?

Ron

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Thanx for the honest reply Ron. I am thrilled to hear you are all doing well and im glad to have contributed by purchasing my woofs.. Now if only I could decide to upgrade my drivers with the new offer...

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats Ron and Tom on your success. Too bad there aren't more businesses out there with your attitute on customer service and product quality. I for one will always be a loyal SVS customer and referral agent. Maybe you should have a spiff for referrals...$1 for every SVS referral then maybe I could get everyone in town to buy a SVS and I could fill my garage with 80 ultra's with Samson 1000 amps and cause half the state of California to fall into the ocean!!! Good idea?

This is for Ron:

I just emailed your partner yesterday with my system config., room size, etc. This poor guy has 500 emails starin' at him, orders out the ears, but low & behold, here comes his response (not one, but three different mssg's.!!) I definitely will be ordering one soon - although I would love to win one!! I understand the 20-39PCI would give me two to three times as much clean output as my current Velo. FSX-12. Your web site is now on my "favorites" list. Keep up the great work. David.

gomez_a

Stunt Coordinator
Tom, Ron, I'm so glad to see SVS succeeding, you guys work hard, have excellent cust service and interaction with us SVS consumers, and you put out a great product at a great price. Keep up the great work!!!

Angel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks