1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for owners of Onkyo 595 (remote question)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Laughter, Sep 16, 2001.

1. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

I have a question about the Onkyo 595 programmable remote that comes with the receiver. I've noticed that to use any button the remote I have to push it twice in a row basically. I'm not sure if this is how it's always behaved because I just noticed this happening and I'm wondering if I set some kind of option to do this or something. Is there anyway to make it so a button activates with one push instead of just two in a row. It's not necessarily that I have to push the same button twice, it's just that if I push one button it activates and the mode button of whatever mode I'm in lights up. I then have to push any other button to turn that light off and then I can enter another command, but then the appropriate mode light comes on and I have to push another button to turn it off so that I can enter another command. Annoying to say the least.
    [Edited last by Sean Laughter on September 16, 2001 at 03:33 PM]

2. Ryan Schnacke

Ryan Schnacke Supporting Actor

Um, maybe it just needs new batteries ... that's some weird stuff. I haven't had any problems like that ... yet.