What's new

question about projector connections (1 Viewer)

Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, I am thinking about getting a projector for my HT... I was wondering how the stb's,dvd players, and video games etc get connected? if I have my gear in front near the screen and the projector in the back of my room do i have to buy extensions for my dvi and component cables or do most people set up the gear near the projector?

I know it's an ultra newbie question but I would appreciate any kind of explanation so I know how to plan my setup. Thanks

James Phung

Second Unit
I have my equipment near the projector. Many people do have long cable runs to their projectors whether its because their equipment is in the front or in a closet elsewhere. It can also get pretty long when having to run cables through walls/ceiling etc for a cleaner set up. Long runs should not be a problem with good cables and/or equipment.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Jon, I DEFINITELY recommend you place your A/V rack in the rear of the room. It will be a visual distraction in the front of the room near screen. Plus the shorter cales will be cheaper, and you don't have to worry about losing image quality over long runs. Hookups depend on how many devices you'll have, and what types of inputs the projector has. I have my DVD player running directly to my projector, and my HD sat. receiver running right to projector. If you don't have enough inputs on projctor, you'll need to use your A/V receiver as a switcher, or buy a separate switcher.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks