What's new

Question about placing Axiom surrounds. (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I was considering purchasing Axiom QS4 quadrapolar speakers for use in my 11' by 13' HT room. Here are my questions...

1. How far from the back wall should these speakers be? Will I get proper sound diffusion/reflection if they are only 3 or 4 feet forward of the back wall?

2. Will said 3 or 4 feet give me enough room directly behind me for the sixth channel placement?

BTW: The room is a 11' by 13' rectangle without windows and a ceiling of 7.5feet. I was going to use direct-radiating speakers as a 5.1 system, but decided to ask about the possibility of the Axiom surrounds before I bought any (surround duty speakers).

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
In answer to your first question, Axiom surrounds (QS4 and QS8) do not have to be forward of the back wall. First of all, there is nothing in the mechanics of these surrounds that requires them to be forward of the back wall. They are not ported speakers. So, Axiom provides brackets to mount their surrounds directly on a side or back wall.

Second, the Axiom surrounds are very flexible in terms of placement. They are not as fickle with placement as direct surrounds are.

Due to the set-up of my room, I have my QS8 surrounds mounted on the back wall, directly above the couch. They sound great for movies as well as music.

Not sure about your second question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks