What's new

Question about DVD Empire and future releases (1 Viewer)

Dave Hand

Auditioning
I don't mean to start any rumors, but is dvdempire.com in trouble? I notice their future releases only have a few titles per week, while dvdplanet.com and others have a large number. I remember this started happening with dvdexpress.com just before the end.

I hope they're ok since I've never had anything but great service from them. I use them even though I have to pay PA sales tax.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
A few titles per week? Future releases for

05/28/02 - 151

06/04/02 - 88

06/11/02 - 79

06/18/02 - 65

06/25/02 - 114

07/02/02 - 48

Sounds about normal to me. (??)

- Walter.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
The last time I placed an order they had all of the announced pre-orders up through July, I believe. Just as Walter said, they seem to be up-to-date on all the upcoming titles.

I've also been receiving orders quickly with great service as always.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I ordered 3 DVD's from this last week at 12:30pm and they had shippied priority mail by 2:00pm. I believe them too, because I got them in the mail two days later.

Bob Smith

Grip
I don't mean to start any rumors, but is Dave an employee of DVD Planet? I mean, I don't know, because I'm not one to talk! ;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hush, Bob! :)
Now, everyone: I have been ordering a plethora of titles from DVD Empire the past few weeks. Superb service, every single time. Completely satisfied.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
If anything, I would say their release lists have gotten even bigger. If you are looking at something 4 months out, the list will look a bit smaller...but, as the release date nears, they do add many more titles.

Bruce

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I've been ordering +/- $300.00 in DVDs from DVD Empire each month for the past several months. I have ZERO complaints. There has been no perceivable decline in title selection or service. They are the only e-tailer who does everything just right, IMO.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I also average about $200/month from DVD Empire, plus PA sales tax. They're the absolute best online company I've ever bought from. I'd be very upset if they were not doing well. I remember reading an interview with the owner of DVDEmpire about a year ago. He said they've been profitable from day 1. I hope they're still on fire like that :)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I believe they only list new releases that are absolutely confirmed with the studio. I personally have spent a lot of $$ with them and will continue to. I've always got top notch service from them. Something I cannot say about a couple of other online retailers. :star:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks