What's new

Quantum Leap (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I was just looking over the information for this dvd release and I am surprised at the cost for only 3 discs/9 episodes. I am not paying $60 for 9 episodes. Couldn't they have combined some more seasons? I just am outraged at the price and the amount of episodes.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

I was thinking the same thing, especially since I just purchased Freaks & Geeks for under $50 for 18 episodes.

MattGentry

Second Unit
If I remember correctly, $60 is simply the SRP. That means that, when it actually comes out, you'll more than likely be able to find it for $39.99 at some places. I'm betting most will sell it for around $45 or so.

And trust me, people will buy it, regardless of the price. Fans of the show will buy it, no matter what. I mean, I payed $130 for the Freaks and Geeks Yearbook set.

And I will buy Quantum Leap...even if it's $60.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I have Quantum Leap pre-ordered from Amazon with free shipping for $37 with STL.

People need to stop over reacting to SRP when the price is usually 40% lower or more.

Paul

I loved this show and didn't get to catch it all the time. I'll have to rent the DVDs when they're out to see what I've missed. The shows stood alone quite well, but there's really a story that links them all together, and I missed out on seeing that whole link!

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard anything about the music? Did they get the clearance for all of it or has some of it been edited?

Randy

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

If you're paying 60, then you need to stop shopping at Suncoast. I'm iron clad certain that you'll be able to find this set for a much more reasonable 35-40 bucks.

MattGentry

Second Unit
Yeah, you'll be able to find it for (and this is merely an educated guess) around $45.99 or so at Best Buy.

Not sure about Costco, but still...

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I know you will be able to find this for less than the MSRP, but I still think it is too high for just 9 episodes. Espacially since Freaks & Geeks had the same list price for 18 episodes. At this price only the diehard Quantum Leap fans will be purchasing this.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Quantum Leap did have about 100 episodes run on NBC which takes a bit more than a diehard audience to pull off.

I'm not really a fan of sci fi, but I will be buying this show. Besides from Farscape, it is the only real science fiction show I ever liked.

Paul

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I know people who don't buy TV DVDs who are going to buy this. The show had a lot of fans, and you'd be kidding yourself to say this was a strictly sci-fi show. No TV series (since the original Twilight Zone) that was 'sci-fi' at heart did more to transcend the genre than QL. Everyone loved this show. Not everyone knew about it or watched it all the time, but -- like Freaks & Geeks, which is mentioned above -- I haven't met anyone who didn't like this series.

Brad M

Second Unit
I must say I am really enjoying season one of Quantum Leap. I've watched one episode each Tuesday since it was released.

Has anyone heard any rumbling as to when we will see Season 2? Is Season 1 selling well?

Mark-C

Stunt Coordinator
I can remember watching Quantum Leap every week and I loved it. I don't think I ever saw the first season.
I'm finding it hard to get into Season One, is it not as good as I remeber or does it get better. I'm on episode 4.

Brad M

Second Unit

The first season they were still shaping the show. I'm excited to revisit episodes in later seasons such as the one they did for Halloween one year that has something to do with Steven King, the one where he leaps into Lee Harvry Oswald, the season finale where he leaps into himself, the other season finale where Sam switches places with Al and the series finale which I recorded on vhs and watched twenty times. These are the episodes I remember being my favorites. So, does it get better? It does for me. :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I think Quantum Leap started out with a great concept and really started to find it's footing about half way through the first season.. the later seasons really started to click.

It is an amazing acting job that Bakula pulls off to be someone so different, a role that changes so much week to week.

But he did a great job with it.

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Does it get better? I got two words for you: Evil Leaper.

Man, that was some good TV!

Gooshie, center me on Sam! Now!

-blip-

CS

Brad M

Second Unit

Craig, I think that's one of the ones I was talking about (without much detail). Is that the one where we see, ah, the devil?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks