What's new

Quantum Leap (1 Viewer)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

No, you're thinking about the excellent ep The Boogieman, where Sam leaps into a "haunted" house, and Al acts very strangely indeed... :) That's the Stephen King ep.

The Evil Leaper Trilogy was much later. The third part was a disappointment, but 1 & 2 were great!

My favourite ep was "Catch A Falling Star" (the Man of La Mancha ep).

Brad M

Second Unit

Oh, I thought Evil Leaper might have been the title to the Stephen King ep. Hmm, guess I'll remember The Evil Leaper Trilogy when I own it. :)

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
And let's not forget that Evil Leaper wasn't the only "trilogy" on the series. What was the name of the three-parter that had Meg Foster, and Sam Leaping from the sheriff (not sure) then to the fiancee of the sheriff's daughter, leaping in in flagrante delicto!

Man, that was some good TV!

CDE,

CS

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I would have to say I thought the Evil leaper was the moment where I thought "this show is really running out of ideas". It was just such a stupid idea (IMHO, of course). How can you even say the words "evil leaper" without laughing at the absurdity of the idea. The actual episodes may have been well-made, I can't really remember, I was so off-put by the whole concept.

Frankly, I was not surprised when the show ended. But that final episode, now that was a great episode, and really meant the show went out on a high.

Moe*A

Stunt Coordinator
And what the idea of a man leaping around time isn't absurd to begin with?

As I recall NBC started making all sorts of demands in the fifth season, they wanted more high profile episodes (Lee Harvey Oswald, Marilyn Monroe, Dr. Ruth, and Elvis) and I suppose that the idea of the evil Leaper came from this as well. And to be honest they were quite good episodes.

My favourites still have to be the fantastic Killing Time and Mirror Image.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
My fav is the one where he is subjected to shock therapy, causing him to assume the personalities of people he had previously leaped into. The episode was titled "Shock Theater", and was the finale for season 3.

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
...which led directly to the episode where Sam and Al switch places, sending Al back to WWII era!

I also liked the one where Sam leaps into Al, and as he gets close to ruining Al's life, Al the observer is replaced by Roddy MacDowall! I remember NBC promoting it as a special surprise, blacking out MacDowall's face in the promos.

The problem, in my opinion, with Killing Time, an episode that spends as much time in "the present" as in the past, is its unrealistic prediction of what 1999 would be like. Boy, was I let down that day in 1999 when I was watching that episode on SciFi. That, and Space:1999. But we won't go there.

CDE,

CS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks