What's new

QA02 RESET on TW40X81 (1 Viewer)

Michael_V

Second Unit
Well, I think I have run into the VPOS glitch people used to talk about on the older Toshibas: trying to adjust VPOS with the component input active, getting no response from multiple button presses, and then discovering one or more of your inputs won't work. For me, I lost the component inputs for progressive signals only. Strange, but self-diagnostics tells me the problem is in QV01 and QV01S, which I am told are in fact controllers for the rear inputs.

Now I am faced with the unsavory task of performing a very risky QA02 reset (and if that doesn't work, getting a new EEPROM installed). Before I do, though, I was wondering if anyone knows whether I need to write down all the parameters in DESIGNER mode or are the SERVICE menu parameters enough? Any other advice before I take the plunge?

Thanks!

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
With much trepidation, I just did a QA02 reset on my 43H70 just the other day. Thankfully, all went well. I wrote down all the service mode numbers only since there's no access to design mode beginning with my sets model year. After restoring the values related to picture settings (CUTs, DRVs, etc) all was back to normal (thank goodness!).

If you are going to try this (you've probably got nothing to lose at this point), I would recommend recording both the service and design values. Also remember to unplug ALL inputs from the set prior to performing the reset.

Michael_V

Second Unit
Johnny_G,
Well, I did the reset (also with great trepidation!) after writing down all 290 parameters in the designer and service menus and making sure absolutely NOTHING was plugged into the set. As you said, I had nothing to lose. Except my tuner. Just like the person who posted on Keohi. And the component inputs still won't take a progressive signal :frowning: .
Thank God I purchased an extended warranty when I bought from onecall. Full parts and labor. They are sending a tech out to my house next week, probably to replace the EEPROM, which should restore my set to its original splendor :) .
The take home message in all this, though, is that the VPOS glitch is alive and well and NOT limited to the TN series, as Keohi reports (will have to contact them regarding this). All Toshiba HDTV owners should take extreme care not to adjust VPOS with a component input active, as tempting as it may be to use AVIA for your geometry!
Glad your reset went well, though I would caution people not to try it without justification in extremis.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks