What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

PureVideo - GeForce 6 video processing (1 Viewer)

Pete T C

Second Unit
http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo.html

Nvidia today released "PureVideo," a technology that greatly improves the quality and performance of watching DVD on a PC. In order to take advantage of the technology you need a GeForce 6 series card, 67.03 drivers, and the latest Nvidia DVD Decoder software ($20). Works on GeForce 6800/6600/6200 cards.

Must have for PCDVD enthusiasts :)

Here are the drivers you need:
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do..._2k_67.03.html

And the DVD Decoder:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/dvd_decoder.html

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wonder how that compares w/ some of the software players like PowerDVD and WinDVD. One of them advertises something called TNM or TMN which supposedly does a good job of deinterlacing...

Pete T C

Second Unit
Haven't seen a quality comparison but in terms of CPU usage PureVideo blows them away.

Also, if anyone is interested in getting a GeForce 6 card for PureVideo, I made up this chart to show how each model compares, its a bit confusing:

NV40 (6800U AGP, 6800GT AGP, 6800 AGP)
PureVideo DVD/MPEG2 Video Quality Improvement: Yes
PureVideo WMV Video Quality Improvement: Yes
DVD/MPEG2 Hardware Acceleration: Yes
WMV Hardware Acceleration: No

NV41 (6800 PCI-E)
WMV Hardware Acceleration: Yes

NV43 (6600GT AGP/PCI-E, 6600 AGP/PCI-E)
WMV Hardware Acceleration: Yes

NV44 (6200 PCI-E)
PureVideo DVD/MPEG2 Video Quality Improvement: Partial
PureVideo WMV Video Quality Improvement: Partial
DVD/MPEG2 Hardware Acceleration: Limited (720p max)
WMV Hardware Acceleration: Limited (720p max)

NV45 (6800U PCI-E, 6800GT PCI-E)
WMV Hardware Acceleration: No

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the update. It works awesome in WMP-10 and this finally fixes the "jaggy" bug I've been having. Only problem is ZP Pro doesn't let me use it. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: Is the trial in any way crippled compared to the full version?

Pete T C

Second Unit
What is ZP Pro? AFAIK the current DVD decoder is designed for use with WMP10. And I think the trial is the same as the full version except for the 30 day limit obviously.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
ZP Pro is Zoom Player Pro. A very excellent media player - it allows you complete control over what filters are used with whatever media you choose to play.

NVIDIA has copy protection in their decoders that basically prevents many players from working unless you purchase the full version. My guess is that the trial version will not work in Zoom Player.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Max, I need to use ffdshow with it. ;)

Pete- Check out this guide and mouse over the pictures to see the difference ZP + ffdshow processing makes. Reason I'm insterested in nVidia's filters is because NVPP is the only PC solution that correctly handles poorly flagged material, as well as decent 3:2 pulldown.

Pete T C

Second Unit
I'm also not sure it will work in another player besides WMP10. EDIT: Maybe it will, I heard a few say it works fine with PowerDVD.

Someone asked about PureVideo versus WinDVD & PowerDVD. Did some checking around in the graphic forums and the users are reporting that Nvidia's PureVideo is significantly better than WinDVD/PowerDVD in terms of quality.

Pete T C

Second Unit
btw, just as a heads up I learned that the Nvidia DVD Decoder does in fact work with Zoom Player pro.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Yep, you are right Pete...I just got the latest NVIDIA DVD Decoders working with a trial version of ZoomPlayer WMV Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks