Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Casey Trowbridg, Apr 24, 2004.
I'm glad to hear that the puppy is ok, but my initial reaction was "damn!"
this is one of those stories that has to be true, too strange to make up.
I wanna see the Xray!!!!!
Maybe knives really taste good and nobody told me. Here's another dog from 3 years ago that swalled a knife. And this one has x-rays just for you brentl.
gives a new meaning to shish-ka-"dog"
Where's the barbeque when you want a hotdog!
Oddly the dog appeared to have swalloed the knife with his ribcage. The owner Bob "I hate dogs" Smith was puzzled by the disappearance of the knife, along with 50' of razor wire, a stripped electrical cord, 12lbs of rat poison, and a wobbly bowling-ball trophy case.
I had a dog that bit into a needle he found in a cabin we rented on vacation. The needle went into the roof of his mouth. Amazingly, he was fine. The vet removed it, and he was back to his old self.
One of my dogs chewed the collar off the other (before we stopped keeping them on all the time) and threw the pieces up about 15 days later. I asked the vet about it and she said something like, "yeah, dogs can keep stuff in their stomach for a long time eh?"
We woke up this morning to the sound of crunching. Our new pup, Gumball a Dalmatian, was munching on a binder clip. Like this one pictured below.
As we removed it from her mouth we notice the two metal leavers missing, just the clip itself was in her mouth. My wife searched high and low and could not find them. Panic set in figuring she swallowed them. She ran Gumball to the vet, they did an X-ray only to find her belly empty. A good thing. What did they find? A staple gun staple nearing the exit so that was not an issue. I'll just need to check the poop over the next day or so to make sure it passes.
Damn, puppies will eat anything.
Hmm... it seems Staffordshire Bull Terriers are notorious for this kind of thing - Casey's initial post was about a Staffordshire, and the link Seth provided was about a Collie/Staffordshire mix. And if anybody remembers, the dog in Snatch was a Staffordshire...
and he ended up eating both a ball and a huge diamond!