What's new

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - Babylon -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
What irked me most about Babylon was the utmost ignorance about moviemaking circa 1926. Hand-cranked cameras? Shooting outside using multiple sets? All that was long gone by that time.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I found parts of Babylon, repetitive, overlong confusing and hard to follow at times. I loved the look and feel of the film. "The Wild Party" was just on TCM and it seemed to me at times to follow some of the film. I was hoping that the woman that passed out or died at the party was going to follow the story of Fatty Arbuckle, which would have been an interesting twist.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
That was the best I've seen in years.
Moulin Rouge!, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and The Majestic all rolled into one, from the director of a musical with no memorable tunes.
I never understood the love for LalaLand, despite multiple viewings, but this was amazing. Can't wait to see it again.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I've just seen this for the first time, & whereas I understand (& partially agree with) the bad reviews...I loved it! It's certainly not your normal fare, a big baroque mess of a movie, but it worked its magic on me, & always stunning to look at. Margot Robbie is very good, but she's playing a character who'd get on your nerves after ten minutes in real life. I thought the lovely Brad stole the show, without even trying that much...or so it seemed.

stevenHa

Second Unit
I loved the music and production values but I think it missed because it jumped around the characters so much, I never felt much interest in any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks