What's new

Psycho Sequels ? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
Does anybody know if there are any plans for new releases of PSYCHO II and III in the future ? These titles seem to be slipping out of circulation on all formats and I'm considering buying them, either the R1 DVDs or on VHS, before they disappear altogether. Neither option appeals but I'd rather have them than not.Advice ? :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm *GUESSING* (can't stress that word highly enough) that it's PROBABLE (get it? "I don't really know for sure") we'll see Universal announce SE's of those in time for Halloween. Which means they'd be announced in about 30 days or so.

Hang tight.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Here's hoping. :emoji_thumbsup: I already own both Goodtimes discs, but they really need to be redone. Let's also hope for a first time DVD release of "Psycho IV: The Beginning."

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
NO WAY?!:) :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Psycho 2 is a gas! Richard Franklin's commentary on Road Games is superb and one for P2 would be great. But as long as the transfer is good, then I'll buy it. I hear the 'Good'times edition has a horrible 1.33:1 transfer.

I wonder what else Universal will be releasing for Halloween? Mr Lambert? :D

Just kidding - no pressure! :)

Gordy

Will K

Screenwriter
I hear the 'Good'times edition has a horrible 1.33:1 transfer.
Yep, it's awful. Essentially an old rehashed laserdisc master, it's dated and dirty-looking with poor authoring to boot. Psycho III fares better with a decent, if not great, 1.85 transfer. That film was beautifully shot and could use a makeover, too.

I think Psycho II is just wonderful. Hopefully, a new version will be remastered in 16x9 from the negatives. Tony Perkins deserves a little more respect.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
The hopes of being able to see in a new widescreen transfer of Vera Miles taking a butcher knife through the mouth and out the back of her busy-body head
just makes me smile.

While I know that you are simply 'guessing' David, here is hoping that you were given the right information (like I have any doubt oh knowledgable one)....:b

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Tony Perkins was a great actor. But he was apparently... how do say... completely and utterly self-absorbed, but he was a very intelligent man, apparently. On Psycho 2, Perkins hated working with Meg Tilly.

Gordy

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I'm really, Really, [rant]REALLY[/rant] just guessing here. You're making me laugh...so much faith you place in me! Oh, the responsibility! :laugh:

I would hate to see your collective reaction if my guesses should turn out to be wrong...

Real Name
Anthony
Well, folks, it looks like he really WAS guessing.

Universal have announced a bunch of stuff for 7th October - see www.dvdtimes.org for details. Some John Carpenter, some Halloween, some Chuckys and some Children of the Corn.

But no sign of PSYCHO II or III. I guess it could still be announced but it's not looking good. :frowning:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The 2nd was was just ok, but I always really liked 3.

Love the scene with the sheriff saying "Dont tell me my business" licking the ice cube with the blood on it - with Normans reaction
:laugh: :emoji_thumbsup:

A good underrated movie and decent followup to the original IMHO

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like your guess wasn't so far off the mark after all. According to the R2 Project the UK are expecting a box set of Psycho films in October . Undortunately It doesn't state whether this is the sequels or merely the original + remake.Here

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I would not put much faith in Universal these days. But if a WS "Psycho 2" gets released, I'll buy one.

John KB

Second Unit
Was Psycho 4 in filmed in widescreen? I know it was made for cable, so I wasn't sure. The laserdisc is full frame.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Was Psycho 4 in filmed in widescreen? I know it was made for cable, so I wasn't sure. The laserdisc is full frame
The full-frame versions released in the past appear very TV-ish in composition and general look so I doubt it was shot wider than 4:3. Besides, that was about fourteen years ago.

If I don't get these sequels soon, I think I'm just going to throw a fit.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I have seen Psycho II and III many times, but have never seen Psycho IV and Bates Motel. I'd hate to buy a video tape. I'd also be happy to re-buy Psycho II and III.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks