What's new

Psycho pic of the day (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member

I can't move my eyes quick enough to see if the other circles are spinning or not. :angry: :D

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Wow, i like that. obviously its not a moving image, were just retarded and think it is.lol

it's cool if you can stare at it a certain way, all the circles stop.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Yeh, when you unfocus your eyes it stops spinning and you are able to walk straight.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
AAAH! It's like an acid trip! I feel like I'm in swingin 60's London watching a Floyd show!

(and is that such a bad thing? :D)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Anybody have any ideas on how to get vomit out of a keyboard?

Matthew Todd

Second Unit
Wow, that is freaky.

Does anyone know why the illusion works the way it does? An explanation would be illuminating!

Matt

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
This is a very nice version of an optical illusion that's known for a long time.

Explanation:
Slight anomalies in the optical system of the human eye (cornea + lens + glass body) make parts of the image with small textures change place on the retina a little bit - the amount of the size of the structure. This happens outside the central area (fovea) of the retina (which is the best and has the highest resolution) and is visible when the eye is moving (which is a normal "scanning" movement of our gaze). Thus structures that are small enough appear to move (instead of being ever so slightly distorted, like the larger structures do and which goes virtually unnoticed).

Once you force your eyes to be totally still (compared to the image), the illusion disappears.

Cees

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Rats! Nothing I do makes it look like it's moving.

Any suggestions?

(Please, no ideas involving liquor. ;))

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Perhaps you're too far from the screen? I find it worked better at the office than it does at home. At work, I'm sitting closer to the monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks