What's new

Psycho pic of the day (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Do you have 1 eye or 2? The illusion doesn't seem as effective with 1 eye closed.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Any suggestions?
Sit at a distance of about 30 cm (.. uhm.. 12 inches). Fixate one black dot for half a sec. then rapidly another, then another again, etc. Immediately after an eye movement, the centres of the circles that you're not looking to directly will seem to turn (a bit), like adjusting to a new position. Probably, the direction of the movements will be symmetric, to a vertical axis.

The effect is closely related to the "moiré" effect.

Cees

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Nope. Doesn't do it for me.

I guess I'll have to try the liquor.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Brian,

It also doesn't work unless the image is razor sharp, i.e. you need to wear the proper glasses (if needed).

Cees

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
David, do you mean this smiley?!

Whoa...that picture is freaky. I like it. I'm gonna have to get the silica on my keyboard too. ;)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
alan lol. make sure you put both of em in now (you goofball)! ;)

edit- echoing what Cees brought up, I don't see the effect nearly as much as when I put my glasses on. Make sure your prescriptions are up to date!

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with Brian and Alan. I don't see an illusion either. Just a fancy design of yellow and blue concentric circles. Nothing's moving. And my vision in both eyes is perfectly normal.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is one of those annoying gag threads where everyone just pretends something is going on in order to reel in people who say "WTF?"

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I'm with James... though it appears to move briefly, I can't get it to keep spinning, no matter what. It shifts.

I can't see Magic Eye books either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks