What's new

PSB sub problem; humming (1 Viewer)

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I have a PSB subsonic II which has recently began to give off an irritating hum. It is so bad that when I am only watching TV I must turn off the power to the sub. It sems to be the sub itself as it hums even if I unplug the interconnect. I have tried plugging it into different outlets in the room with no change. What do you guys think.
Brent.:frowning:

Phil T

Agent
I know some subs will hum if they're not receiving a signal (or they don't know the words!). Is this sub hooked to an receiver and does it hum if you are playing a CD or some other source and you PAUSE or STOP the source?

BrentPollard

Second Unit
It is quiet for several min when I pause a cd then the hum starts again. So maybe it just needs the signal but it is odd that I never noticed it before. I guess I'll just have to power it off when watching the tv as I don't have the tv signal going thru the reciever. Btw while we are on the subject of subs could you explain the phase switch. On my sub it has 2 settings 180 and 0 degrees.

Tom D

Stunt Coordinator
Well,I would either teach it the words...or return it to your dealer and ask him if there is a problem or not. It sounds like you have a voice coil problem, or a asket to cone problem. Better to be safe than sorry.

Dave Malo

Agent
Brent
I know this sounds stupid but I have the same sub and problem. I went to the back panel of the sub and re tightened the screws and low and behold no more humming. I think you need a Philips screwdriver. It's worth a try.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks