1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

PS2 Network Adapter HELP!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Keefe, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

OK,
    I need to know what I have to do to connect my PS2 to my DSL line. First, there is about 50-60 feet between my console and the nearest connection. My ISP says they don't offer support for PS2(which only means they won't tell me how to hook it up.
    Eventually I want a wireless connection, but right now I just want to plug the darn thing in and play...I have been playing on dial-up connection[​IMG]
    Anyone who already has hooked up, your advice is greatly appreciated
    Thanks,
    dan

2. Corey Hancock

Corey Hancock Stunt Coordinator

Dan, does your dsl service use PPPOE? If so, you need to plug the PS2 network adapter into the dsl modem. Then set up the PS2 network adapter software for PPPOE, put in your user name, password, and you might have to get your dns servers. I'm not sure about that though. I have a router that I am using and it works great. I basically just plugged in the cable and I was online with no problems. If this doesn't help you might want to try the forums on DLS Reports . Good luck.
    Corey

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Get the PS2 connected to the phone line and then just go through the setup disc. It's not that complicated, but if you don't know what to do you can just come back here to get help.

BTW, SOCOM only supports broadband, there's no dial-up support.

4. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

Corey,
    thanks I will see if they use PPOE.
    Morgan, You must have misunderstood...I have DSL but not a cord long enough to reach...I am only using the dialup til I figure out how to connect via broadband...thanks

dan