What's new

Gamer Advisory Panel Members?? (1 Viewer)

Howie A

Second Unit
Is anyone else a member of the Gamer Advisory Panel?

It is something SONY does to get input from there consumers on all types of gaming stuff, but in return they send me free things such as a pretty cool PS2 game case along with a few pieces of paper in it for taking notes/cheats with the handy PS2 pen they also sent.. I can't forget to mention the letter from the founder of Sony (I guess) thanking me for helping them with the future of gaming, a card proving that I am a member (I.D. card), and a certificate. Kind of cool and a bit geeky all at the same time..

I am not even sure how I was picked since I sign up for so
many things when it comes to gaming and anything that allows
me to get news and free demos or anything game oriented.

They might have got my name from the everquest beta sign up
thing that Sony had. Come to think of it, it might have
been from the network adapter registration.
I was just wondering if anyone else got anything cool from the game companies?

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
You aren't the only one :D
I didn't sign up for EQ beta...so I don't know how or why they picked me.
Unless they saw on my profile that I own all the systems that they listed...

Howie A

Second Unit
They just invited me to a 3 day online discussion Posting new questions for each day. Here are some of today's questions asked:

Day 1 Qs for Online Gamers

2.1. Mod: We would like to know about your experience playing online console games. Mon 12:15 am

2.2. Mod: How often are you playing? Mon 12:15 am

2.3. Mod: Overall, has it been a good, bad or so-so experience? Please explain your answer. Mon 12:15 am

2.4. Mod: What do you like best about playing online console games? Mon 12:15 am

2.5. Mod: What do you like least playing online console games? Mon 12:15 am

2.6. Mod: What do you wish PlayStation offered online? Please be specific about the features. Mon 12:15 am

2.7. Mod: Tell us in detail about your experience getting hooked up. The good, the bad and the okay…What was this experience like? Mon 12:15 am

2.8. Mod: Is there something that could have been done at the store to make it easier or better for you? Mon 12:15 am

2.9. Mod: Some people say online gaming is only worth it if you have broadband. What do you think? Are there good narrowband games? Mon 12:15 am

2.10. Mod: That was great. Thanks for your feedback. Please log-in again tomorrow for some more questions and at this time, I’d encourage each of you to go back and review the comments from the group and respond to any you would like to. Also, try to check back later today as I may have some follow-up questions for you. Thanks! Mon 12:15 am

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I signed up for EQOA (which I've been beta testing) and registered my NA and I didn't get picked. My friend who is NOT beta testing EQOA and did NOT register his NA somehow got in. :confused:
Mike

Howie A

Second Unit
I think it helps if you are a Playstation Underground
Member, or if you get a subscription to Official
Playstation Mag. But either way I feel it is sort of a
random lottery thing.
If you want I can post all that is being said in the discussion from day to day (both host and others).
I can even add anything you want added, if you like as long as it is not offensive.
I would of course give you credit.
This way your opinion can still be heard. I can copy and paste it if you like. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks