What's new

PS2 Game Recommendations for 8-10 year old (1 Viewer)

Joey_R

Stunt Coordinator
My nephews are getting a PS2 for Xmas. They are 8 and 10 years old. Being an Xbox guy, I know nothing about PS2 games. Please give me some age appropriate recommendations. As I understand it, Vice City is out! ;)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank are great fun, and would work great for kids that age (although they might be a tad on the difficult side for an 8 year old).

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I believe Rayman Arena just came out - that would be good.

Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing might be up their alley as well.

Adventures of Cookies and Cream might be good as well.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Silent Hill 2 has relatively easy puzzles, great for working on their cognitive skills.

I would recommend NOT getting them Cookies and Cream though. That game usually results in me and my fiance yelling at each other from separate rooms about "who's fault it was".

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Jak and Daxter is a definite (not my kind of game, but my g/f likes platformers, and I can tell a good one from a stinker). Kingdom Hearts, if they want to do an RPG. Maximo is good, but might be too hard.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Theme Park might be fun for them as well.

I say trip them out with the Activision Greatest Hits collection. You will have a story for them and they will no doubt enjoy the games.

Joey_R

Stunt Coordinator
Post Christmas Report
"Jak and Daxter" got the nod, as time was running out. I was shocked to find 2 Fry's Sales Droids in the Game Department had not heard of "Ratchet and Clank." (Gamespot PS2 Platform Game of the Year).
Jak and Daxter was a huge hit with the nephews. It seems very much like "Mad Dash" on the XBOX.
My two other nephews received an XBOX console from their uncle (me). They opened it, and after jumping up and down for a minute, the 7 year old ran around inside the house like an excited dog...then, he belly-flopped into pile of discarded wrapping paper and boxes yelling, "This is the best Christmas ever!"
Man, I love Christmas...and kids!!!
Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks