What's new

PS-1200 Sub Woofer by Paradigm (1 Viewer)

Antonio_D

Agent
hi all,i would like to tell me what do you think about this subwoofer.Does it give a lot of base in movies and music?
Give me all your suggestions about this subwoofer.

Thanks in advance!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Haru

Stunt Coordinator
This was the first sub I ever owned. It didn't go very deep, but it pounded very satisfactorily. 3 years ago, it was a very price competitive sub but subwoofer prices have been dropping so I don't know if its still a good buy.

I forget how much I paid for it, but it was in the region of $500. Earlier this year, a friend of mine bought a PW2200 for $640 and that one beats the heck out of the PS1200. I might buy a PS1200 today for around $400.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I agree with what Haru said. Although I wouldn't even pay $400 for it. What price range are you looking at?

I'll also add it is a bandpass design. I'm not much of a fan of bandpass designs. Can make good boom boxes and spl competition boxes for car use, but I don't care for their sound quality for HT and music.

Here is Nousaines test data for the PS1200 as well.

Paradigm PS-1200 -98dB / 25hz~91.4dB

First number is an average of 4 max spl values between 31 and 63 hertz. Last value is max spl at 25hz, no 20hz value is given. All max values were limited to 10%THD.

Ken Leggatt

Stunt Coordinator
If you can, pick up a pw-2200. It is a way better subwoofer for the little extra you will pay.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Never seen a sub used for base. BASS maybe, but not base.

There's a 2200 on audiogon.com for $575.

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Antonio, if you get a ps1200 make sure it is a version 3
it has a better enclosure and a different sub in it, the specs that were giving out in the earlier post was the old version sub, I have a pw2200 and wanted a second one, the stereo shop loaned me a ps1200 version 3, man that sub is a BIG improvement over the older model, it will play with the 2200 down to 29 HZ then the 2200 has a edge, if you can get a deal on one buy it, I think you will like it
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks