What's new

Paradigm sub (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Paul
Hi I have two sub woofer questions, the first is I have two Paradgim PS-1200 subs around 10 yrs old, maybe a little older, and my prossessor is a Sunfire TGP-5. The TGP-5 has inputs for three subs, sub-1, sub-2, and sub-3, so would it be best to run the wires out of my sub's right, and left low level input, and use a "Y" connector on them, and then run them into one of the TGP-5's sub inputs? Or would I be better off to go from my sub's right, and left hi pass output, "Y" them off, and go to one of the TGP-5's sub input's? Also I noticed that one of my subs is makeing a wierd noise, when I took the sub apart I found the the speaker is shot, it's coming apart where the cone meets the frame, the fix looks easy enough, just remove the old speaker, and instal the new one, if Paradigm still has them, I plan on calling them tomorrow. Or would it be better to just replace the sub with a new one? Any info will be greatly appriciated.
Paul

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think you mean the processor has three sub outputs. Since they aren't marked with any specific channels, there should be no reason to join two of them. It's just a mono signal and there would be no benefit. If you can get a new driver and you are happy with the sub, then just replace the driver. The reason to get an entirely new sub would be to upgrade.

Real Name
Paul
THANKS FOR THE INFO JOHN I DO APPRICIATE IT. I JUST CHECKED WITH PARADIGM YESTERDAY, AND THEY WANT $190.00 FOR A NEW DRIVER, SINCE THE SUB IS AT LEAST 10 YRS OLD I JUST REPLACED IT WITH A NEW VELODYNE IMPACT 12.
PAUL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks