What's new

Protective Sleeves for steelbooks? (1 Viewer)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I was wondering what everyone here who has steelbooks uses for protective sleeves?
I got these bags, and although they fit some steelbooks, in others they barely fit and I had to rip it to take out the steelbook.

IMG_20240214_202250.jpg

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
These are the correct size for SteelBooks and I recommend them:

These may have a more appealing "crystal" translucency, but are slightly too small for SteelBooks are are very likely to tear. They're really only good for regular Blu-ray keepcases, though I have no idea why anyone would ever need to put one of those in a protective sleeve. Only the thinnest of SteelBooks will fit in them. I've tried to use them and it's an exercise in frustration.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I've never bothered with finding sleeves for SteelBooks.

On the other hand, if someone was selling the clear plastic sleeves that Lionsgate has used for some of their SteelBooks, I'd consider it.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
You should, because they're very prone to scuffing and scratching on a shelf.

Perhaps, but I haven't encountered that issue so far. And, quite frankly, it's not that much of a concern for me. I've long ago given up on the desire to keep my collectibles in pristine condition.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Perhaps, but I haven't encountered that issue so far. And, quite frankly, it's not that much of a concern for me. I've long ago given up on the desire to keep my collectibles in pristine condition.

To each their own. However, as someone currently getting ready to selling a few particularly rare Laserdiscs in my collection, I'm glad that I put them in sleeves when I bought them, as they're worth significantly more now than they would be if they'd suffered shelf wear. And no, honestly, until now I didn't think I'd ever sell them. But my attachment to them has faded, and I'd like to part with them while there's still a market willing to pay for them.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Honestly, I don't go fancy. I just keep mine in regular comic book bags. The steelbook fits in fine and you can wrap it around. I also use it for dvds that I've had signed.
20240216_135849.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks